Looking to see the Grand Strand in a unique way?
Taking a tour on the Grand Strand can take many forms: by road, water, and air, especially with multiple choices to scan the Strand from rides aboard a helicopter.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
Many tours are seasonal, so check ahead and make reservations, whether for a shelling cruise off Georgetown, or a relaxing cruise on the Barefoot Princess Riverboat, which departs from Barefoot Landing.
- Barefoot Princess Riverboat, from Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. 843-272-2140, 843-272-6796 or mbriverboat.com.
— Capt. Jim’s “River Memories,” from Conway Marina. 843-246-1495 or www.rivermemories.org.
- Cap’n Rod’s Tours, from Georgetown. 843-477-0287 or www.lowcountrytours.com.
- Carolina Rover shelling and lighthouse cruises, from downtown Georgetown. 843-546-8822, 800-705-9063 or www.roverboattours.com.
- Carolina Safari Jeep Tours, across Grand Strand. 843-497-5330 or www.carolinasafari.com.
- Coastal Expeditions, with variety of tours, including Cape Romain Lighthouse. 843-884-7684 or www.coastalexpeditions.com.
- Freewoods Farm, on Freewoods Road, off Bay Road from S.C. 707 in the Burgess community. 843-650-2064,
- Myrtle Beach Segway, 2922-A Howard Ave., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common near Valor Memorial Garden. 843-477-0800 or www.mbsegway.com.
- “Pirate Adventures,” for children, seasonal, on Sea Gypsy from Crazy Sister Marina, 4123 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 843-651-3676 or www.myrtlebeachpirates.com.
- SC-CARES (S.C. Coastal Animal Rescue & Educational Sanctuary), 236 Abbeville Drive, off U.S. 701, north of Georgetown. 843-546-7893 or www.sc-cares.org.
- Sewee Visitor & Environmental Center, 5821 U.S. 17 N., Awendaw. 843-928-3368 or www.fws.gov/seweecenter.
- Swamp Fox Tours, across Georgetown, from 624 Front St. 843-527-1112 or www.swampfoxtours.com.
- Waccamaw Cooter Airboat Tours, from Wacca Wache Marina, 1950 Wachesaw Road, Murrells Inlet, along Waccamaw River, west of U.S. 17, between Waccamaw Community Hospital and Brookgreen Gardens; schedule depends on tides and weather. 843-651-2994 or plantationrivertours.com.
- Wallace Sailing Charters, sailing cruises by appointment from 525 Front St., Georgetown. 843-902-6999 or www.wallacesailingcharters.com.
843-650-9139 or www.freewoodsfarm.com.