1) Drinko de Mayo is at the Crooked Floor Tavern, 4078 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet,
2) Murrells Inlet MarshWalk will host Cinco De MarshWalk—an event to celebrate the classic Mexican holiday with a bit of southern flair. The event will begin May 5 with $5 Cuervo margaritas and $5 ‘fiesta food,’ at all MarshWalk restaurants from 4-7 pm; the party continues throughout the evening.
At 6 pm, there will be three authentic, local Mexican folklore dancers from Coastal Fusion Latin Dance making their way down the MarshWalk. Also from Coastal Fusion, Samantha Cassidy and Michael Honeycutt will demo Bachata and Salsa dances.
The public also has the opportunity to pose for pictures with a pair of donkeys (provided by 5-star farms) and props in the Wahoos parking lot.
After visiting the eight MarshWalk locations; Bovines, Wahoos, Drunken Jack’s, Bubba’s Love Shack, Creek Ratz, Dead Dog Saloon, Claw House, and Tuna Shak; guests who collected wristbands from each will have the opportunity to break open the piñata at Claw House for a chance to win $1,500 in cash and prizes at 9 p.m.
3) Senor Frogs at Broadway at the Beach will have a Cinco de Mayo party, but the details were not completely hashed out and made public. Contests, Mexican karaoke songs and a live band are on tap. Follow Senor Frogs – Myrtle Beach on Facebook for details.
4) It’s impossible to mention Cinco de Mayo in Myrtle Beach without mentioning Burro Fest at Burro Loco, 960 Jason Blvd, Myrtle Beach. They say: “There’s no better place to grab margaritas and ice cold cervezas on Cinco de Mayo…”
Day drinkers can enjoy the doors opening at 11 a.m. with a $5 lunch menu available from 11-2 p.m. The outdoor live music lineup includes:
11:30 a.m., Jody Lineberry
2 p.m., No Limit Duo
4 p.m., Oracle Blue
6:15 p.m., WPOS
9 p.m., The Dirty Soul Revival
There will be free shuttles beginning at 3 p.m. and running every 30-45 minutes to and from Coastal Club and Monarch 544. If using Lyft, use promo code: BurroFest17 for $5 off. Myrtle Waves will have parking for $5 after 2 p.m.
5) The Deck at House of Blues is having a Cinco de Mayo Party featuring Lunazul Tequilla specials, a taco bar, ice luge, pinata full of House of Blues tickets and more! It’s the 20th anniversary of House of Blues Myrtle Beach opening in 1997 so go help them celebrate 20 years — Cinco Style.