- Ninth annual “Dragon Boat Festival,” for Ground Zero of Myrtle Beach, ministry to teens, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, April 29 in Myrtle Beach’s Grand Park, on Farrow Parkway, across from The Market Common. Free to see races. 843-945-9440 or www.gzdragonboat.com.
- Horry-Georgetown Technical College Student Veterans Organization benefit car show, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, April 29, near Building 1100 on Conway campus, on U.S. 501, south of S.C. 544. Free to see; car registration $5 for HGTC or Coastal Carolina University students, otherwise $10, at hgtcsvo.wufoo.com/forms/z1f0r8250gvdijd/. 843-349-5194.
- “March for Babies,” for March of Dimes Foundation, 9 a.m. Saturday, April 29 at TicketReturn.com Field, 1251 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach, at Robert M. Grissom Parkway. www.marchforbabies.org/EventInfo/?EventID=18182.
- Seventh annual Socastee Heritage Festival, for Socastee Heritage Foundation, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, April 29 on Dick Pond Road, between Socastee Boulevard (S.C. 707) and Forestbrook Road, by swing bridge – around corner from Socastee High and Elementary schools. Free. Also, Hot Rod Promotions car show (843-503-8245), 9 a.m.-4 p.m. for $20 registration, and free to see. 843-900-0205 or socasteehf.com.
- Spring fundraiser for Safe Haven 4 Cats nonprofit in North Myrtle Beach – including silent auction and 50/50 raffle – 4-8 p.m. Saturday, April 29 at Calli Baker’s Firehouse Bar & Grill, 910 Lake Arrowhead Road, north of Myrtle Beach. 843-333-5704, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
- Ninth annual “Tastes at Pawleys,” benefiting Father Pat’s Lunch Kitchen, 4-7 p.m. Sunday, April 30 at Precious Blood of Christ Catholic Church, 1633 Waverly Road, Pawleys Island. Admission $4 advance ages 13 and older ($5 at door), and free ages 12 and younger. Food tickets sold in $1 increments. 843-237-3428 or www.pbocchurch.com.