Anyone who’s been to a Myrtle Beach Pelicans baseball game at TicketReturn.com Field at Pelicans Ballpark will tell you, there’s more to a Pelicans game than just baseball.
While the birds played, kids in the stadium were bouncing in bounce houses, tossing baseballs and watching in awe as performers played with fire. Concessions stands stayed busy as they served up funnel cake after funnel cake, hot dogs, nachos and burgers.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
Families took selfies with Splash, the Pelicans’ official mascot, and in honor of Thirsty Thursday, the beer flowed.
In their 17th year as a franchise, the Pelicans have served as the Class A-Advanced affiliate or three Major League Baseball teams, the Atlanta Braves, the Texas Rangers, and most recently and currently the Chicago Cubs, as of 2015.
Many big-leaguers have suited up in the Pelicans’ locker room including Elvis Andrus (Texas Rangers shortstop), Craig Kimbrel (Boston Red Sox relief pitcher), Adam LaRoche (Chicago White Sox first baseman), and All-Star shortstop Rafael Furcal.
Ticket prices for a Pelicans game are surprisingly affordable, starting at $9 for the Budweiser Thirst Inning Deck which sits over the left field fence, and going up to $13 for field box seats. Ticket prices increase by $2 on game days.
MYRTLE BEACH PELICANS DAILY PROMOTIONS
- Kids 12 & under run the bases post-game
- Pre-game autograph session with Pelicans players (excluding Sundays)
Monday: Backpack Buddy Monday presented by McDonald’s
- Donate an item from the approved Backpack Buddies Donation List and receive 1/2 price admission
Tuesday: Craft Beer Tuesdays courtesy of American Tap House
- $2.00 12oz. craft drafts from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Wednesday: Wiener Wednesday
- BOGO Hebrew National Hot Dogs
Thursday: Thirsty Thursday courtesy of Celebrations Nitelife & The Surge
- $1.00 12oz. Bud & Bud Light Drafts from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Saturday: Local Appreciation’s Saturday presented by Sparks Toyota, WMBF & The Sun News
- All locals save $3.00 off your game tickets. Must show local ID for discount.
- Locals Saturday Post-Game Extravaganza featuring fireworks and a chance to win $50,000 courtesy of Sparks Toyota and HTC. ($25,000 to you and $25,000 to charity)
Sunday: Family Sunday presented by TITLE Boxing
- Pre-Game on-field Catch (open to all fans)
Read more about the promotions on the Myrtle Beach Pelicans official website.