Celebrate Celtic and Scottish heritage through music, athletics and more at the Inaugural Myrtle Beach SC Highland Games & Heritage Festival.
Guests will enjoy Scottish musicians, bagpipe and drum bands, professional athletes, authentic Scottish and British food and drink, and more at the event March 18-19 at The Grand Park at The Market Common.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
The event kicks off Friday night with a live musical festival. Then on Saturday, enjoy the games and festival.
“This is something Myrtle Beach has yet to experience. There are so many ways for people to participate in this festival; through sponsorship, advertising, performing, volunteering or just attending – everyone has an opportunity to take part in the festival’s success while having a great time,” said Todd Cartner, the festival’s Event Director.
The festival will host seven entertainment areas.
- The Heavy Athletics area features professional men and women athletes
- The Medieval Times Patron Games features heavy athletics for spectators.
- The Celtic Marketplace hosts authentic and local vendors. Shop for tartan wear, kilts, crafts, jewelry, art and more.
- The Clan Villages features clans & societies.
- The Ripley’s Kids Glen keeps the kids entertained.
- The Food Court will satisfy your taste buds with authentic and local food. Enjoy haggis, fish & chips, meat pies, bangers and Scottish ales
- The Entertainment and Culture Center features Celtic bands and history demonstrations.
Grand Park at The Market Common
Live Music Festival
Tickets: Adults $5 advance; $7 at the gate; children 17 and under free.
Saturday Highland Games & Heritage Fetival
Tickets: Adults (13+) $10 advance; $12 gate; children 6-12 & Seniors (65+) $5 advance; $6 gate; children 5 and under free.
Click here for more information.