Ring in the new year with your kids. There are several family-friendly events for you to enjoy in Myrtle Beach SC. Some of these events will be held during the day or earlier in the evening for those who will not be awake at midnight.
- Medieval Times – Take your family to The Celebration of Centuries. The evening
will include hors d’oeuvres, admission to the Museum of Torture, two-hour live tournament, four-course medieval feast, party favors, DJ and dancing, champagne toast (non-alcoholic drink for those under 21), balloon drop at midnight and a continental breakfast. Tickets are $60.95 for adults and kids 12 and under are $25.95. Click here to book your tickets.
- Myrtle Beach Bowl – This bowling alley is hosting two events for kids. The first event is Noon Year’s Eve for the kids that won’t be up at midnight. It’s from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. It is $10 per person and includes Glow-n-Bowl, shoe rental, party favors and sparkling cider. The second New Year’s Eve Kid’s Party is from 9 p.m.-2 a.m. It’s for children ages 5 to 14. Admission is $40 per child and includes bowling, shoe rental, party favors, sparkling cider, snacks and games. To register your child, click here.
- The Market Common will host A Southern Times Square. This free event will offer two stages of live music, a beer garden, street vendors and a kids area. The night will end with fireworks. Festivities start at 7 p.m. For more information, click here.
- Ripley’s Aquarium will host a Kids New Year’s Eve Sleepover. Drop off kids ages 6 to 14 for a kids only party from Dec 31 8 p.m.-January 1 8 a.m. Tickers are $49.99+tax per child. The night includes karaoke, crafts, pizza, movies, music, dancing, ball top, a non-alcoholic toast at midnight and a live simulcast from Times Square. Reservations are required. Click here for details or call 843-916-0888 x 3226 to make reservations.
- Children’s Museum of South Carolina invites families to Noon Years Eve. The event includes confetti cannons, music, art activities and more. Doors open at 9 a.m. The event is included with regular admission. Click here for details.
- Fun Warehouse is hosting a New Years Eve All Night Skate. The night includes unlimited skating, 1 game of laser tag, a slice of pizza, a drink and breakfast. The event is from 7 p.m.-7 a.m. Admission is $25. Click here for details.
- GTS Theatre invites your family to the Fusion Family Fun Show. This hypnosis show uses audience participation. The 90 minutes show begins at 7 p.m. Click here for more information.
Fireworks at Broadway at the Beach – The fireworks show will begin at 8 p.m. fireworks
- Fireworks at Barefoot Landing – Enjoy an early fireworks display in North Myrtle Beach. Fireworks will at 6 p.m.
- Fireworks at Murrells Inlet MarshWalk – This will be a little late for some of the little kiddos. Fireworks will be set off on the MarshWalk at midnight.
- Fireworks at The Market Common – This show will also be at midnight.
Another option for New Year’s Eve is to check out one of the Christmas shows in the area.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
- The Carolina Opry invites you to The Christmas Show of the South! Owner,
producer and entertainer Calvin Gilmore will present this holiday program that will combine new talent, acclaimed rotating artists, long-standing Opry favorites and a holiday brass section. In addition to the Christmas show, you will love the holiday decorations at The Calving Gilmore Theater. The theater has over 35 Christmas trees, 75 wreaths and over 5 miles of tree lighting wire. Click here to purchase tickets
- The Alabama Theater invites you to celebrate the holidays with their award-winning production,“The South’s Grandest Christmas Show”. The show will instill the true meaning of Christmas in your family with its combination of traditional Christmas classics and contemporary holiday favorites. The South’s Grandest Christmas Show is a southern family tradition on the Grand Strand with visitors and locals returning year after year. There will be two shows on New Year’s Eve, 3 p.m. and 9:15 p.m.
- Pirate’s Voyage! Captain Scrooge and the mystical Spirit of Christmas travel to the past, present and future of Buccaneer Bay. During this Christmas-themed journey, they encounter such wonders as Christmas toys that come to life and a beautiful live Nativity, complete with wise men and live animals. A four-course holiday feast tops off the show. The New Y ear’s Eve show will be at 6 p.m.