Father’s Day is Sunday, June 19. Have you made plans to celebrate the dads in your life?
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
Myrtle Beach SC has several special events for dads this Father’s Day.
Here’s a guide to help you plan dad’s special day.
FATHER’S DAY DINING
Treat your dad to a great meal on Father’s Day. Several restaurants along the Grand Strand are offering special menus and brunches for dad’s special day. Here are some restaurants offering special menus, along with restaurants we think dad will love.
- Angelo’s Steak & Pasta offers an Italian buffet and individual pasta dinners and steak, veal, and chicken. Angelo’s opens at 12 p.m. on Father’s Day.
- Dead Dog Saloon offers an all-you-can-eat Sunday Brunch from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Menu items include French toast, biscuits & gravy, breakfast meats, eggs Benedict and much more. Dead Dog Saloon will also have nightly live music this weekend.
- Admiral’s Flagship – If your dad loves seafood, take him to Admiral’s Flagship in Murrells Inlet for their all-you-can-eat seafood buffet. Dad can feast items such as on oysters, crab legs and shrimp. Admiral’s also has prime rib, chicken and other food for those who are not big seafood fans.
- Seafood House – Another seafood buffet that dad will love is Seafood House in Surfside Beach. In addition to a buffet of crab legs, oysters, scallops and shrimp, dad will enjoy the entertainment at Seafood House. While he feasts he will be entertained by pirates firing cannons and mermaids swimming in the 10,000 gallon pool.
- Bovine’s – Dad will love the wood-fired steaks, seafood and brick oven pizza at Bovine’s. Bovine’s opens at 4 p.m.
- Castano’s Italian Steakhouse at Barefoot Landing invites dads to enjoy a special meal. Every dad will receive a free bread pudding dessert with purchase of an entree. Reservations are recommended.
- Chestnut Hill Restaurant will offer a Father’s Day brunch from 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Reservations are suggested.
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament is treating dad to a free meal and show from June 13-19 with a purchase of another full price adult ticket. If you want to make his visit even more special, you can add the Father’s Day package for an additional $25. The package includes a framed photo of Dad, hero cape, and 25 oz glass stein with choice of beer.
- New York Prime invites you to bring dad for dinner. They open at 5 p.m. and reservations are suggested.
- Rioz will open early for Father’s Day. Rioz will open at noon and is accepting reservations.
- Sam Snead’s Oak Grill & Tavern will celebrate Father’s Day with a special menu in addition to the regular dinner menu. The specials include: Mixed Grill – BBQ ribs, BBQ chicken and andouille sausage; Pan Seared Duck; and Chicken Fried Steak. Make reservations by calling 843-903-3150.
SPEND THE DAY WITH DAD
Spend the day with dad by enjoying some of the great activities along the Grand Strand for father’s Day. Here are a few suggestions.
- Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and SkyWheel – Take your dad to the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk to enjoy the great views from aboard the SkyWheel.
- Miniature Golf – Challenge your dad to a game of miniature golf. With so many courses along the Grand Strand, find one that is your dad’s favorite theme.
- Go Ape! Treetop Adventure – Zip, swing and climb through the trees with Dad! Go Ape Treetop Adventure is a highly interactive 2-3 hour outdoor experience, featuring zip lines, Tarzan swings and awesome obstacles at heights of 40-50 feet in the trees. Booking ahead is recommended at www.goape.com or 1-800-971-8271.
- Helicopter Adventures – Treat your dad to a view from high in the sky aboard a helicopter.
- Myrtle Beach Speedway – If your dad is a racing fan, take him to the Saturday night races at Myrtle Beach Speedway. The races start at 6 p.m. Dad gets in FREE! Tickets are $15 for adults and Kids 12 and under are free.
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans – The Pelicans are not home on Father’s Day, but you can buy your dad tickets to the June 23 game, which is Father’s Day Redemption Night with Recliner Raffle. One lucky dad is going home with a recliner.
- Free entertainment at Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot Landing – Both entertainment complexes host free music and entertainment every night during the summer months.
- NASCAR Racing Experience – Buy your dad a NASCAR Racing Experience at the Myrtle Beach Speedway.
- Golf Stores – If your dad is a golfer, there are plenty of golf shops along the Grand Strand. Check out our list to find one near you.
- Broadway at the Beach – Find the perfect gift for dad at Broadway at the Beach. From sports memorabilia for his man cave to fudge for his sweet tooth, you will find it here.
- Coast RTA Dads ride FREE on Father’s Day. All bus rides in Horry and Georgetown Counties are free for dad on Father’s Day.
- Medieval Times – Dad gets in FREE June 13-19.
- Myrtle Beach Speedway – On the Saturday night before Father’s Day, Dad gets in FREE to the Saturday Night Races.