Myrtle Beach SC is a great place for a romantic getaway.
Not only can you have a romantic walk along beach, there are plenty of great romantic restaurants along the Grand Strand.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
We have created a list of a few popular restaurants for romance.
DUCATI’S PIZZEROA AMD TRATTORIA
Ducatis Pizzeria and Trattoria offers fantastic flavors and has quickly become a local’s favorite since the establishment underwent new ownership in March of 2014. Ducatis Pizzeria and Trattoria has a full selection of authentic Italian dishes like lasagna, spaghetti, and fettucini, which will transport you to a gondola ride through Venice with their sumptuous Italian flavor. Order a glass of wine and enjoy the ambiance that creates an atmosphere that suggests fine dining, but doesn’t request customers wear their best to get a taste of delicious Italian cuisine.
• Why it made the list: What’s more romantic than an Italian dinner? In addition to the great food and wine selection, the atmosphere is great for couples.
Aspen Grille’s motto is “Southern Roots with a Classic Touch”, and they mean it. Aspen Grille offers something different from the usual dining experience in Myrtle Beach, something with a sophisticated, yet simple and absolutely fresh menu. The local hot spot is a popular place where people come to sit and relax in a warm, comfortable environment. Aspen Grille is the perfect place for a romantic dinner. Dine at Aspen Grille, and you’ll find out just what true Southern hospitality means.
• Why it made the list: Aspen Grille exemplifies fine dining and southern charm in the Myrtle Beach area. Locals love it, and the restaurant continues to get rave reviews year after year.
THE MELTING POT
No surprise here, The Melting Pot is one of the most popular date spots on the Grand Strand. The fondue restaurant offers a shared experience in a meal with a fondue dipping that can be capped with a chocolate fondue. Add a bottle of wine and you have the perfect romantic meal. The Melting Pot is the premier fondue restaurant where you can enjoy your choice of fondue cooking styles and a variety of unique entrees, salads and indulgent desserts. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entrees and dessert.
• Why it made the list: What’s more romantic than sharing fondue and bottle of wine in an intimate setting?
GREG NORMAN’S AUSTRALIAN GRILLE
Greg Norman’s Australian Grille at Barefoot Landing offers innovative cuisine and a spectacular decor that will make you feel like you’re in Sydney’s finest harbourside restaurant.
The upscale, waterfront North Myrtle Beach restaurant has exquisite food like steaks, prime rib, chicken, pork, lobster tail, salmon, filet Mignon and much more.
There are delightful salads, sides and desserts to ensure a memorable meal, and a wine selection sure to please the most critical connoisseur. Some of the former PGA golfer’s named wines are for sale at the gift shop.
• Why it made the list: In addition to the great menu, you will enjoy an amazing waterfront view.
Honest food, honorably crafted. That’s what you’ll discover at Vintage Twelve, where oceanfront dining and fresh local ingredients merge—creating unforgettably delicious low country food. Here, traditional Southern favorites achieve true gourmet flair. Regional foods and ingredients shine, with a farm-to-table sensibility that highlights the ever-changing seasons. Fruits and vegetables arrive from local fields and orchards; the fresh catch comes directly from Murrells Inlet. And with a sweeping view of the beautiful blue Atlantic Ocean, Vintage Twelve at Kingston Resorts is the new star of the Myrtle Beach oceanfront restaurant scene. Come experience it for yourself.
• Why it made the list: Vintage Twelve is all about quality, and it shows from the luxurious dining rooms to the wonderful service and most importantly, the fantastic food.
Thoroughbreds has become a five-star staple on the Myrtle Beach Restaurant Row, offering up locals and tourists alike fresh seafood and steaks in an exquisite dining atmosphere. The upscale ambience is matched by the gourmet cuisine to make Thoroughbreds one of the top restaurants in Myrtle Beach.
• Why it made the list: Fireplaces and small rooms in addition to fine dining make this the perfect place for a romantic evening.
THE BRENTWOOD WINE BISTRO
The Brentwood is beloved by many Myrtle Beach residents as the restaurant is situated in this beautiful Victorian home built in 1910 with a French flair and amazing wine list. The Brentwood offers low country French cuisine, five private dining rooms with fireplaces, and two bars. The Brentwood’s owner and chef, Chef Eric Masson, is a French native, who provides a French twist to the expertly prepared cuisine The Brentwood is known for.
• Why it made the list: Aside from the wonderful Victorian home the restaurant operates out of, the menu is full of authentic French dishes prepared by French chef Eric Masson.
BLISS RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE
Bliss is something off the beaten path in Murrells Inlet where an intimate setting will make your special someone feel extra special. Bliss provides a one-of-a-kind dining experience in Murrells Inlet, SC. They serve exciting Seasonal American Cuisine that relies heavily on locally produced and cultivated products, and the menu changes frequently to offer the highest quality ingredients of each season. In addition to offering the freshest seasonal fare, the Lounge offers a hip, stylish complement to the award winning menu. Bliss has a trendy yet rustic atmosphere and a wine list containing some of the finest wines from around the world.
• Why it made the list: In addition to the abundant local crowd, Bliss’s unique, rustic atmosphere and impressive wine makes the restaurant a must.
You won’t find any books in the Library, the only three diamond rated restaurant on the Grand Strand. Established in 1974, the Library Restaurant has long served Myrtle Beach. Their tuxedoed wait staff has a combined 100 years of experience, and the Chef prepares the finest cuisines fresh daily. The Library’s rare tableside service is one of the restaurat’s long-standing traditions. From the tableside Steak Diane to Flambé desserts, the Library represents perfection.
• Why it made the list: Another fascinating restaurant with a really cool feel to it, the Library backs up their trendy style with amazing food.
AUSTIN’S OCEAN ONE
In addition to great food, Austin’s offers a breathtaking panoramic ocean view from every seat in the house. Guests can expect daily dolphin sightings, beautiful evening views, full moons and more. The menu is eclectic Contemporary American, and changes frequently based on seasonal availability of locally sourced products, fresh produce and the daily catch. A romantic dinner spent at Austin’s could be an evening to remember.
• Why it made the list: For its wonderfully eclectic menu and magnificent views are what makes this local eatery special.
FRANK’S RESTAURANT & BAR
Another historic Pawley’sIsland gem, Franks’ Restaurant originally opened in 1930 as a local, independently owned supermarket and was transformed into its current state in 1988. Today it is a local favorite and is widely considered one of the best spots for a sophisticated yet relaxing evening. The dining room is charmingly lit with candles spilling light onto the hardwood floors, warm, oriental rugs and the antique mahogany bar dating back to the late 1800s. The menu is filled with modern twists on traditional and local Southern specialities artfully arranged and presented, adding to the elegant dining ambiance.
• Why it made the list: Another Pawley’s Island treasure that offers a luxurious dining experience and a romantically-lit outdoor area for the perfect date night.
SEABLUE WINE BAR & RESTAURANT
The North Myrtle Beach SeaBlue bar and restaurant boasts a sophisticated and exhilarating atmosphere and was named the best restaurant in the US by Open Table critics. SeaBlue’s hip, urban bar setting is like none other. Artwork by regional artists decorates the walls while modern lighting helps to create a relaxing and exhilarating atmosphere. SeaBlue’s bar is a sight to see as well, with exquisite mosaic tiles that color-shift as you pass. Definitely another must on this list for any night.
• Why it made the list: The astounding decor and feel makes SeaBlue a can’t miss hotspot for any date night of the week.