Whether you’re a long-distance runner, someone who runs for fun, or someone who has just started running, the Myrtle Beach SC area has a race for you! I know it’s cold outside, but a good run is the perfect way to warm up and make good on a New Year’s resolution or two. So lace up your running shoes and hit the pavement, whether you live in the Myrtle Beach area or are planning a trip here this winter.
Myrtle Beach SC doesn’t just host the popular MyrtleBeach.com Marathon and Half-Marathon. While that’s the area’s most well-known running event, drawing runners and their families from all over the country every February, there’s a fun run, 5K, mud run, or longer race happening in every month of the year across the Myrtle Beach SC area.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
The best place to start when trying to find a race to participate in is the Grand Strand Running Club, an organization “dedicated to the development of running as a vital activity for the betterment of its members’ health and well-being and to promote the sport of running in the Grand Strand,” according to its website.
In addition to hosting and organizing dozens of races every year, the club also has training groups and running groups that get together to train for longer races or just run for run with buddies!
Upcoming races hosted by the Grand Strand Running Club include:
- Oct. 3, 2015 | 3rd Annual Loris Elementary 5K Run/Walk, 8 am start, $20 registration, $25 day of race.
- Oct. 10, 2015 | Georgetown Bridge 2 Bridge Run, 7:30 am start, 13.1 – $55 til 5/31 – $65 til 10/8 – $75 onsite; 12K – $45 til 5/31 – $55 til 10/8 – $65 onsite; 5K run/walk – $25 til 10/8 – $30 onsite.
- Oct. 10, 2015 | 2nd Midland Elementary School 5k Fun Run/Walk, 8 am start, $25 – 5K Fun Run/Walk. Proceeds from this event will benefit the JoAnn Singleton Scholarship Fund.
- Oct. 17, 2015 | Coastal 5K, 7:30 am start, will start & finish at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes. Ideal 5K course is perfectly flat and fast. If you are a beginner or you just want to warm up for the next day’s event, this is the perfect chance.
- Oct. 17, 2015 | Doggie Dash, 9:15 am start, will start & finish at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes. Dog owners of all ages enjoy a relaxing walk or a competitive race with their favorite pet. Designed specifically for dog-owning participants, the Doggie Dash lets you support the Grand Strand Humane Society with your pet by your side.
- Oct. 18, 2015 | Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon 13.1 miles, 7 am start, $105, 5 Miles of Oceanfront Running, features the best of Myrtle Beach. From its pristine parkways to some of the nation’s most visited beaches, the course takes you on a tour of one of America’s most scenic beach communities.
- Oct. 24, 2015 | 3rd Annual Holly’s Hope 5k Fun Run/Walk at Lake Busbee in Conway, SC, 9 am start, $25, 100% of the proceeds will be used for victims suffering from leukemia or other blood type cancers.
- Oct. 30, 2015 | 2nd Annual Chauncey’s Night 5k, 7:30 pm start, Register for the second annual Chauncey’s Night 5k located on the beautiful campus of Coastal Carolina. The inaugural race had over 500 runners taking over campus with the start and finish occurring at Brooks Stadium. A new addition to this year’s race, runners will be able to run onto the field for the finish and see themselves on the video board.
- Nov. 1, 2015 | 3rd Annual Running Dead 5K, 5 pm start, start/finish on the Hulk trail in Myrtle Beach, runners will run through Hulk Trail, trying to avoid “zombies” in hopes of making it to the finish line without getting afflicted (having their flag football belts pulled by the zombies).
- Nov. 14, 2015 | 24th “Guy Osborne Memorial” Pawleys Island Turtle Strut 5K, 8 am start, events start and finish at the Pavilion Park located at the SW corner of the North Causeway & Myrtle Ave, the course is absolutely flat, traverses the island and has minimal turns.Have questions or concerns about any upcoming races? Just shoot us an email and ask!