Happy national hot dog day!
Right now we are in peak hot dog season. According to the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council, yes it really is an organization, Americans consume about 7 billion hot dogs between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
Americans love their hot dogs. Some like it with chili, others want slaw, then there are those who say ketchup should never touch a hot dog. No matter how you like to top your dog, you can enjoy a hot dog today in Myrtle Beach!
Here’s a look at where you can get a dog today!
- Peaches Corner – Have a hot dog while enjoying the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk! Peaches Corner (on the corner of 9th Avenue North and Ocean Boulevard) offers a classic foot long hot dog. Or you can go for the Big Peach, which is a half-pound foot long with mustard, chili, onions and slaw on top of a hoagie.
Gary’s Dog Shack – This hot dog stand let’s you have just about any type of dog you want. Their menu includes the following styles: Carolina, New York, New Jersey, Chicago, chili dog, corn dog and dogs wrapped in bacon. Gary’s is in North Myrtle Beach at 1417 Highway 17.
- Burkey’s Grill – If you love Cincinnati style chili on your dog, you will love Burkey’s. If you don’t like chili on your dog, you can get it without or add onion and relish, cheese or sauerkraut. You will find Burkey’s at 4001 North Kings Highway.
- Killer Hot Dogs – Get you dog loaded with chili and onions at this hot dog joint that you will find next to Jammin’ Leather on Highway 17 Bypass (1220 Port Dr).
- Sonic Drive-in – This fast food joint is celebrating the day by offering $1 All American Dogs and Chili Cheese dogs all day. There are several locations along the Grand Strand. Click here to find one near you.
- Nathan’s Hot Dogs – This hot dog joint, made famous by the 4th of July hot dog eating contest in Coney Island, has two locations in Myrtle Beach. You can get a New York style dog at 301 8th Avenue and 3612 South Ocean Boulevard.
We hope you enjoy a hot dog in Myrtle Beach today!