http://youtu.be/v29e3m3cdikWant a quick and simple dish that will dazzle your friends?
Join Embassy Suites at Kingston Plantation Chef Thomas Hiestand as he guides you step-by-step in preparing this quick and easy recipe for Schnitzel on Braised Red Cabbage. Make your guests or family believe they are eating at 5-star restaurant!
Gather your ingredients and follow along with the video as Chef Thomas Hiestand guides you to an elegant starter to any meal.
Have a Myrtle Beach area recipe you would like to see? Drop us a line at GoToMyrtleBeach.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each), butterflied and pounded 1/4-inch-thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Set the flour, eggs and panko in three separate shallow bowls. Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess, then dip in the eggs and coat thoroughly with the panko, pressing lightly to adhere.
- In each of 2 large skillets, heat 1/4 cup of canola oil. Add the chicken and cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until golden and crispy, about 3 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a paper towel-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the butter and cook over moderately high heat until browned and nutty, about 4 minutes. Stir in the capers, lemon juice and parsley; spoon over the chicken and serve.
Want to see Chef Thomas make your favorite dish or visit a Myrtle Beach area restaurant to see how they make a signature dish? Drop him a line here.https://www.myrtlebeachlife.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2064/12/Chef-Thomas-Hiestand-300×289.jpg
Chef Thomas is the executive chef at Embassy Suites at Kingston Plantation, which includes Vintage 12 and the Coastal Grill. He is a certified Executive Chef with American Culinary Federation and twice published author. Originally from Chicago, he also has 10 years experience as an educator at the collegiate level and is a nine-time recipient of the Triple A Four Diamond Award.