https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLJzjUZZR3UWant a quick and simple dish that will dazzle your friends?
Join Embassy Suites at Kingston Plantation Chef Thomas Hiestand as he guides you step-by-step in preparing this quick and easy recipe for Petit Filets with Roasted Shallots and Red Potato Fries. Make your guests or family believe they are eating at 5-star restaurant!
Gather your ingredients and follow along with the video as Chef Thomas Hiestand guides you to an elegant starter to any meal.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
Have a Myrtle Beach area recipe you would like to see? Drop us a line at GoToMyrtleBeach.com.
- 2 4 ounce beef tenderloin filets
- 4 ounces clipped spinach
- 2 medium shallots
- 4 red potatoes
- Carrot puree
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 ounces of olive oil
- Pre heat oil in sautee pan to 375
- Julianne potatoes and fry till golden brown set aside after seasoning with salt
- Coat filets in black pepper and salt evenly sautee till desired doneness set aside
- Slice shallotts and add to hot oil stiring til caramelized
- Add spinach to wilt quickly remove and season with salt
- Plate with spinach in the center filets on top side by side topped with shallots and potatoes behind. Spread a tsp of carrot puree in front.
For Carrott Puree
- 1/2 lb carrots (3 medium), halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Simmer carrots, garlic, broth, and salt in a 1- to 2-quart heavy saucepan, covered, until carrots are very tender, 12 to 14 minutes. Purée mixture with cream and butter in a food processor until smooth.
Want to see Chef Thomas make your favorite dish or visit a Myrtle Beach area restaurant to see how they make a signature dish? Drop him a line here.https://www.myrtlebeachlife.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2064/12/Chef-Thomas-Hiestand-300×289.jpg
Chef Thomas is the executive chef at Embassy Suites at Kingston Plantation, which includes Vintage 12 and the Coastal Grill. He is a certified Executive Chef with American Culinary Federation and twice published author. Originally from Chicago, he also has 10 years experience as an educator at the collegiate level and is a nine-time recipient of the Triple A Four Diamond Award.