Want a quick appetizer that will make your taste buds sing when you pop it into your mouth?
Check out this quick and easy recipe for Bacon Wrapped Crab Poppers by Chef Mike Noble.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
About 20-30 minutes from start to finish, this combination of seafood and savory bacon will prove a perfect starter to any party or meal.
Have a Myrtle Beach area recipe you would like to see? Drop us a line at GoToMyrtleBeach.com.
- 1 lb Dungeness or lump crabmeat
- 1/3 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 10 slices bacon, cut into thirds
Since 2000, Chef Mike Noble’s Vanishing Chef Catering and Chef Services has been providing private, corporate and special event catering in and around the Southeastern United States. He is the Restaurant and Bar Manager at Crown Reef Resort.
- Drain and pick through crabmeat to remove any shell fragments
- Rough chop crabmeat.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients, except bacon, and fold gently until well mixed. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until well chilled
- Using a tablespoon, portion crabmeat mixture into individual log shapes, about 2 inches long, Wrap each crabmeat portion with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
- Broil for 8 to 10 minutes, or until bacon is crisp. Remove and gently turn over and broil an additional 4 to 5 minutes to crisp the seam side of the bacon. Remove and serve
Want to see Chef Mike make your favorite dish or visit a Myrtle Beach area restaurant to see how they make a signature dish? Drop him a line here.