Here’s a recipe that will have you thinking you’re at the ocean no matter what kind of view you enjoy from your dining room.
This quick Blue Crab Boil will set your table with a seafood feast with succulent crab.
Enjoy it with your favorite condiment or melted butter, which always brings out the flavor of the sea.
Have a Myrtle Beach area recipe you would like to see? Drop us a line at GoToMyrtleBeach.com.
- 3 heaping tbsp crab seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 dry bay leaves
- 2 lemons, sliced in half
- 2 heads garlic, split in half
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 6 blue crabs
- Melted butter, for serving
Since 2000, Chef Mike Noble’s Vanishing Chef Catering and Chef Services has been providing private, corporate and special event catering in and around the Southeastern United States. He is the Restaurant and Bar Manager at Crown Reef Resort.
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. Add the crab seasoning, vinegar, peppercorns, bay leaves, lemons, garlic and parsley to the pot.
- Add the crabs and boil until they are red, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the crabs using a spider, and then let the crabs cool to the touch.
- Crack the crabs over newspaper and pick out all their sweet meat. Serve with melted butter.
Want to see Chef Mike make your favorite dish or visit a Myrtle Beach area restaurant to see how they make a signature dish? Drop him a line here.