Enjoy this quick and easy favorite as an appetizer on some crostini, or try it on sourdough bread with a little green salad for lunch.
The flavors will make you yearn for the oceanfront, especially in the Myrtle Beach SC area where seafood restaurants are aplenty.
This easy to whip up recipe will you make you forget about peanut butter and jelly and have your taste buds living in an upscale world.
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, minced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Dash onion salt
- Salt and pepper
- Seasoning salt
- Celery salt
- 8 slices your choice bread, toasted
- Lettuce and tomato slices, optional
Since 2000, Chef Mike Noble’s Vanishing Chef Catering and Chef Services has been providing private, corporate and special event catering in and around the Southeastern United States. He is the Restaurant and Bar Manager at Crown Reef Resort.
- Place shrimp in a food processor and pulse until finely minced.
- Transfer shrimp to a bowl and add eggs, celery, and mayonnaise; mix well.
- Add seasonings, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Spread additional mayonnaise on both sides of bread.
- Heap shrimp salad onto bread and then cut sandwiches in half.
- Serve with lettuce and tomato, if desired.
Want to see Chef Mike make your favorite dish or visit a Myrtle Beach area restaurant to see how they make a signature dish? Drop him a line here.