In a pinch for time but still craving a delicious, filling dinner?
Try this fast and easy recipe by Chef Mike Noble for Pasta and Checca Sauce for a tasty Italian dish with little fuss.
With just a few ingredients, you can whip up what’s sure to be a family favorite sure to rival dishes purchased in an upscale Italian restaurant.
- 8 oz spaghettini or angel hair pasta
- 4 scallions (white and pale green parts only), coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (12 oz container) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (1 oz) piece Parmesan, coarsely chopped
- 8 to 10 fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Since 2000, Chef Mike Noble’s Vanishing Chef Catering and Chef Services has been providing private, corporate and special event catering in and around the Southeastern United States.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Combine the next 7 ingredients in a food processor. Pulse just until the tomatoes are coarsely chopped
- Drain the pasta, reserving some of the pasta water. Toss the pasta with the tomato mixture and fresh mozzarella in a large bowl.
- Add some of the reserved pasta water (about 1/4 cup) if the sauce looks dry.
- Serve immediately.
Want to see Chef Mike make your favorite dish or visit a Myrtle Beach area restaurant to see how they make a signature dish? Drop him a line here.