▪ Another new arrival has made it to The Market Common in the form of Shelly’s Sausages, which has opened up on Howard Avenue right next to the Barking Fish. This little deli boasts Italian foods, with their main seller being, obviously, the fresh sausage. They also sell cheese and pasta, plus Italian cookies for those with a sweet tooth. Shelly’s Sausages can be reached at 839-3781 as well as facebook.com/shellyssausage where they will hopefully be adding more information soon.
▪ With a press conference on a sunny day, the Duplin Winery opened on June 22 for wine lovers to enjoy. Located in North Myrtle Beach, this first location outside of North Carolina for the family-run company plans on bringing delicious wine and the stories along with it, all while keeping the casual atmosphere Myrtle Beach is known for. The recently finished location has three stations dedicated to tasting up to 12 different wines, plus room for events, and a large retail floor filled with themed goodies from T-shirts to slabs of fudge. They are open every day except Sundays from 11 in the morning to 9 at night. Visit www.duplinwinery.com for more information on their brand and the North Myrtle Beach location.
▪ BurgerFi celebrated its grand opening in the new Surfside location on June 23. This famous burger joint is known for making patties with real and organic meat, with an emphasis on no added hormones or antibiotics. This also goes for their vegetables, from the toppings that go on their yummy burgers, to the potatoes that become fried deliciousness. The restaurant, which has indoor and outdoor seating, also provides an array of hotdogs to choose from. If meat isn’t your thing, choose a vegetable creation that they make on the premises, daily. Their hand-cut fries can be plain or decorated with any of the different toppings, or consumers can choose to enjoy onion rings instead. Desserts come in the form of shakes, malts, sundaes or concretes (which is a layered dessert in a cup) which all come with their delicious custard.
To top it off, BurgerFi provides craft beers and wines and the new Surfside location is no exception. Of course, there are plenty of non-alcoholic drinks to choose from, like their fresh squeezed lemonade.
▪ Ohana Grill opened mid-June in the Bi-Lo shopping center off Dick Pond Road. This Asian fusion restaurant aims to bring affordable but delicious meals to the local area while keeping a casual and friendly atmosphere. This family owned restaurant provides daily specials, and even has a hibachi grill for small parties to enjoy. Check out their growing Facebook page at facebook.com/ohanagrillmb or call 668-4588 to talk to someone there. The restaurant is open from Monday to Saturday, 11 in the morning to 9 at night, but are closed on Sundays.
▪ Tequila Joes Bar and Grill is now open on U.S. 17 just south of the Tanger Outlets. Their sign advertises happy hour from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. and so far, they don’t seem to have made much of a presence online. However, as the new restaurant builds momentum, that may very well change.