Ladies, the day you’ve all been waiting for is almost here.
“Magic Mike XXL” opens in theaters July 1.
The sequel to “Magic Mike” was partially filmed in Myrtle Beach last year and celebrities like Channing Tatum were on the boulevard for filming scenes in which his character and others are in town for a “stripper convention.”
Start planning your night out now, ladies! Here’s a list of area movie theaters, though most haven’t released next week’s movie schedule as of press time:
▪ Carmike Broadway 16 (Broadway at the Beach), 1175 Celebrity Circle, Myrtle Beach, 445-1616 or carmike.com
▪ Carmike Colonial 12 (Myrtle Beach mall), 10177 N. Kings Highway, North Myrtle Beach, 272-6598 or carmike.com
▪ Carmike Cinema BigD Theater, Broadway at the Beach, Myrtle Beach, 445-1600 or carmike.com
▪ Cinemark at Myrtle Beach (Coastal Grand mall), 2100 Coastal Grand Circle, Myrtle Beach, 839-3225 or cinemark.com
▪ Frank Theatres-Rivertowne Stadium 12, 220 Rivertowne Blvd., Conway, 365-9000 or franktheatres.com
▪ Frank Theatres-Coastal Cinemas 10, 5200 Bridgers Road, Shallotte, N.C., 910-754-7469 or franktheatres.com
▪ Frank Theatres-Inlet 11, 10125 U.S. 17 Bypass, Murrells Inlet, 651-9400 or franktheatres.com
▪ Grand 14 at The Market Common, 4002 Deville St., Myrtle Beach, 282-0550 or www.stonetheatres.com
If you just can’t wait for “Magic Mike XXL” to hit the big screen, get your fix at the House of Blues, in Barefoot Landing on Saturday.
The Fifty Shades of Men Male Revue, for adults only, is set for 9 p.m. Saturday after being rescheduled from Friday. Cost per ticket it $36.50 or $53.
If good ol’ country is more your thing, try a concert by Jamey Johnson, award-winning country singer/songwriter, at 8:30 p.m. Friday, for $36.50.
The House of Blues is on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach in Barefoot Landing. Get more details at 272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach.
Two festivals are on tap in the Myrtle Beach area this weekend, so you have options to get out in the heat and sweat a little.
▪ Conway Riverfest, a popular summer event, is set for 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday in downtown Conway. The event includes fireworks at 9:30 p.m. and such entertainers as Nantucket at 8 p.m., fireworks 9:40 p.m. and Blackfoot 9:45 p.m.
Marina Drive activities are free and are from 11 a.m.-7 p.m.; the Riverfront area costs $5 ages 13 and older, otherwise free, from 3-11 p.m., with hand stamps available for re-entry. Call 248-2273 or visit www.conwayriverfest.com.
▪ “Festa Italiana,” by Sons of Italy Myrtle Beach, based in Socastee and benefiting the Community Kitchen of Myrtle Beach, is 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday and noon-7 p.m. Sunday in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common.
Scheduled live entertainment includes Larry Tanelli, Karen and Carl duo, Mister Fifties, Gene Sartini, and the Paisans’ tribute to Louis Prima. $1 daily. Call 333-7523, 215-2662 or visit www.sonsofitalymb.com.
Caroline Evans, digital editor