▪ A new Brazilian grill has emerged on the streets of Myrtle Beach next to the Asian Mart on Mr. Joe White Avenue in Myrtle Beach, where the Koto Express used to be.
Taste of Brazil is a buffet-style restaurant serving up Brazilian favorites, like feijoada and muqueca, and a few more familiar dishes, such as stroganoff and lasagna. For lunch, an all-you-can-eat meal is $13.99, while $17.99 is what dinner-goers will be paying.
Taste of Brazil seems to be working on their online presence with a website, www.tasteofbrazilmb.com, and an unofficial Facebook page. This Brazilian restaurant is open all days of the week from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. except Sunday, when they close at 4 p.m. They can also be reached at 232-7828.
▪ The BurgerFi location coming to Surfside Beach in the old Atlanta Bread Company location, originally slated to open at the beginning of May, still has a banner across the newly finished exterior exclaiming, “Opening soon!” A glance on the inside reveals some finishing touches being made to the restaurant. The company welcomes tweets at their Twitter handle, @burgerfi, though an actual date for South Carolina’s second BurgerFi restaurant opening doesn’t seem to have been announced. The official website also hasn’t added Surfside’s location to their map, but with the way the building is looking, this growing burger franchise should hopefully be open soon.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The first location is in North Myrtle Beach near Robert Edge Parkway off U.S. 17.
▪ A new fast-food addition has been made to the Coastal Grand mall in Myrtle Beach, one causing some buzz. The Hwy 55 restaurant is open and serving burger-loving guests from all over. For a throwback to the ‘50s era of burgers and shakes, visit the mall’s food court, or find more information at their website, www.hwy55burgers.com.
▪ More of Charleston’s eateries are making their way into the Grand Strand, and it looks like there are happy tummies everywhere because of it.
East Bay Deli opened at the beginning of May in North Myrtle Beach in the Barefoot Commons shopping center. Situated on the right side of the shopping area behind Sir Pizza, this deli offers classics like subs and wraps, plus fresh salads and loaded potatoes. As is part of the franchise, the North Myrtle Beach location tries to keep its food local and fresh.
East Bay Deli is open daily from 7 in the morning to 9 at night. For big parties, they also have catering available, and for four-legged friends, there is outdoor seating. Give this new restaurant a call at 427-7337 or visit their website, www.eastbaydeli.net, to order online for either pickup or delivery.
▪ Luiis Grill in Conway off U.S. 501 is now estimated to open sometime this month, according to their website. Though an official opening date has yet to be released, the restaurant looks completed and ready to feed some hungry guests.
▪ The Duplin Winery location in North Myrtle Beach is nearing completion, with plans on opening in June, according to the flashing sign in front of the building.
This North Carolinian winery has been in business for more than four decades and still going strong. The new location in North Myrtle Beach is the first Duplin Winery outside of its home state.
As of yet, there is no grand opening announced, and some outside construction is still being finished. For more information about Duplin Winery, visit www.duplinwinery.com where they have information about their wines, events and more.
Don’t forget to check back with The Surge to know when a wine tour should be on your list of things to do this summer!
▪ A new fast-food restaurant is being built across from the new Gander Mountain in Carolina Forest off U.S. 501, and all signs point to it being a Taco Bell. Signs outside of the Taco Bell location in Socastee say they are hiring for their Carolina Forest location. Opening date coming soon!