Blessing, ‘Serenades’ in heart of Surfside Beach
▪ “Blessing of the Beach,” 7-8 a.m. on beach by Surfside Beach Pier parking lot, at Ocean Boulevard and Surfside Drive. 843-650-9548 or www.surfsidebeach.org.
▪ Start of eighth annual Surfside “Surfside Sunday Serenades,” 2-4 p.m. with acoustic musicians taking turns: Glenn “Houndog” Hanson, Acoustic Johnny, Dr. Joe Moyer, and Lana Guym in Passive Park, near veterans memorial, at Surfside and Willow drives. This weekend: Free. 843-450-7281.
Military, vets welcome for free at exhibit
For “Bob Hope: An American Treasure” exhibit, military and veterans receive free admission, noon-4 p.m. Sunday, on 113th anniverary of Hope’s birth. Details at 843-427-7668 or www.nmbmuseum.com, and www.bobhope.com.
Details: At North Myrtle Beach Area Historical Museum, 799 Second Ave. N., North Myrtle Beach. See exhibit through August, Tuesdays-Sundays – $10 ages 18-59; $8 ages 60 and older and military/student with ID; $5 ages 5-12; and free ages 4 and younger.
‘Fitness Challenge’ at RH Acres in Socastee
Watch the “Blood and Sweat Fitness Challenge,” in a Marine Corps style with eight male and female athletes each – and benefiting Special Operations Wounded Warriors – by Gunny’s Boot Camp in Myrtle Beach. Details at 843-209-2315 or www.gunnysbootcamp.com.
Details: 2-9 p.m. at RH Acres (also known as The Rat Hole – 843-213-2688 or therhacres.com), 3833 Socastee Blvd., Socastee, near entrance to Socastee Automotive.
Other free concerts/special events in area
▪ Memorial Day weekend march, coordinated by Andrew Demarest, for fallen heroes, noon from The Fresh Market, 7747 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach (To join, meet at 11 a.m.), heading 6.3 miles northward to Wild Wing Cafe, 4706 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach. 843-655-9135, or Andrew.email@example.com.
▪ In Brunswick County, N.C. – Wilmington Big Band, as part of Memorial Day Celebration to honor local veterans, 4 p.m. in Shallotte’s newly opened Mulberry Park; and The Imitations, 6:30 p.m. in Holden Beach Pavilion, at end of Jordan Boulevard. 910-253-2031 or bcparks.recdesk.com.
▪ The Cadillac Three, 5 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., along Intracoastal Waterway, just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. Free. 843-903-2628 or www.boathousemb.com.
▪ The Last Gig Of Buddy Holly” concert by Mister Fifties, 5 p.m. at Whiskey Beach Bar & Grill, 9668 N. Kings Highway, in Galleria complex, north of Myrtle Beach. Free; 1950s attire encouraged. 843-798-2639, or venue at 843-712-1724.
▪ Hot Rod Promotions cruise-in, benefiting American Legion Auxiliary Post 40, 5-8 p.m. at The Marlin Bar & Grill, 614 Atlantic Ave., Garden City Beach. 843-503-8245.
Morgan entertains twice at comedy club
Jamie Morgan will perform at 8 p.m. Sunday and Tuesday. Details at 843-839-2565 or www.carolinacomedyclub.com.
Details: At Carolina Comedy Club, at Broadway at the Beach’s Celebrity Square, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. $15.