Pawleys Island school host for tech fair
The sixth annual Georgetown County Technology Fair. will showcase more than 350 students in all grade levels from kindergarten through 12, in projects reflecting International Society for Technology in Education standards. Details at 843-436-7224.
Details: 9 a.m.-noon at Waccamaw Intermediate School, 320 Wildcat Way, Pawleys Island. Free.
Veterans invited to lunch at cafe
Veterans of all services are invited to the Merchant Marines’ monthly lunch meeting. Details at 843-685-1964 or www.usmmsc.com.
Details: Buy lunch at noon, meet at 1 p.m., at Veterans Cafe & Grille (also home of Mini Military Museum), 3544 Northgate Blvd., Myrtle Beach, in Northgate Plaza, off S.C. 707 at southwest corner at U.S. Bypass, near Dollar General.
Adults welcome at movies at two city sites
▪ “Daddy’s Home,” 1:30 p.m., in Myrtle Beach’s Chapin Memorial Library, 400 14th Ave. N., at Kings Highway. 843-918-1281 or www.chapinlibrary.org.
▪ ”Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” 3 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, near Farrow Parkway and The Market Common. 843-918-2380.
Concerts include rocker Militia Vox
Most are free:
▪ John Cubito, 4-7 p.m. at Silver Coast Winery, at Silver Coast Winery, 6680 Barbeque Road, Ocean Isle Beach. 910-287-2800 or www.silvercoastwinery.com.
▪ The Embers featuring Craig Woolard, 6 p.m., at grand opening of Mulberry Park, 123 Mulberry St., Shallotte, N.C. 910-754-4032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Lucky Girls Band, 6:30 p.m. at Middleton Park Soccer Field, on S.E. 46th Street in Oak Island, N.C. 910-253-2031 or bcparks.recdesk.com.
▪ Militia Vox, formerly of Judas Priestess tribute band, 8 p.m. at Hard Rock Cafe, at Broadway at the Beach, at 29th Avenue North and U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach. 843-946-0007, ext. 208; www.hardrock.com/myrtlebeach; and www.militiaismyname.com.
▪ “Unity Concert and Variety Show,” with Dave LaCombe, Bobby Shropshire, and 4 Closures and Unity bands, 7 p.m. at Unity Myrtle Beach Church, 1270 Surfside Industrial Park Drive, south from S.C. 544, north of Surfside Beach. $15. 843-238-8516 or www.unitymyrtlebeach.org.
▪ Old Southern Moonshine Revival, 9 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., along the Intracoastal Waterway, just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. 843-903-2628 or www.boathousemb.com.