Events include coin show, fair finales
▪ Myrtle Beach Coin Show, benefiting Meals on Wheels of Horry County, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at Springmaid Beach Resort, 3200 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach – across from the Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum. Free admission and parking. 843-293-9000.
▪ Horry County Fair final day, open noon at Myrtle Beach Speedway, 455 Hospitality Lane, off U.S. 501, about three miles north of Myrtle Beach, and just past S.C. 31 – “Food Drive/Crowning of Miss Horry County Fair 2016” – Bring canned food donation for discounts of $2 from general admission for ages 5-64, and $1 off for seniors, military, and ages 4 and younger. Also: beauty pageant 1 p.m.; and $25 ride wristbands. 843-236-0500 or www.myrtlebeachspeedway.com/hcfair/.
▪ Strawberry and Wine Festival, for Old Bridge Preservation Society of Sunset Beach, N.C., noon-5 p.m., with Mike’s Garage Band, at Silver Coast Winery, 6680 Barbeque Road, Ocean Island Beach, N.C. $5. 910-579-9021 or oldbridgepreservationsociety.org.
▪ Waccamaw Arts & Crafts Guild monthly meeting, 1:30 p.m. at Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B,. Chapin Art Museum, 3100 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, with CCU visual arts students – Ashley Arakas, Rebecca Jolly and Haley Smith – as special presenters. Free. www.wacg.org.
▪ Serendipity Singers women’s concert, 3 p.m. – as part of host’s “Arts at the Church” monthly series – at Trinity Presbyterian Church, 2061 Glenns Bay Road, west of Surfside Beach. Free. 843-650-0313, or email arts.at.the firstname.lastname@example.org. Reach Serendipity Singers at 843-357-2561.
▪ Carolina Master Chorale’s “American Heroes,” 4 p.m. at Trinity Church, 3000 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach. $20 adults, $15 veterans and seniors, $5 students through age 22, and free ages 12 and younger. 843-444-5774 or www.carolinamasterchorale.com.
▪ Eighth annual “Tastes at Pawleys,” for Father Pat’s Lunch Kitchen for needy, 4-8 p.m. at Precious Blood of Christ Catholic Church, 1633 Waverly Road, Pawleys Island. $4 advance/$5 at door for ages 13 and older, and free ages 12 and younger; and food tickets $1. 843-237-3428 or www.pbocchurch.com.
▪ Jamie Morgan, 8 p.m. Sundays and 9 p.m. Tuesdays through May 8, at Carolina Comedy Club, at Broadway at the Beach’s Celebrity Square, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. $15. 843-839-2565 or www.carolinacomedyclub.com.