DeVaughn Stokes speaks at gallery
Diane DeVaughn Stokes, local TV and radio host who wrote the book “Floating On Air: A Broadcasting Love Affair,” will speak in the “Coffee With the Authors” series. Free, with reservations at 910-575-5999. More details at www.sunsetrivermarketplace.com.
Details: 10-11 a.m. at Sunset River Marketplace, 10283 Beach Drive S.W., Calabash, N.C.
Take in barony tour, spring concert
In Georgetown County:
▪ “Behind the Scenes Tour,” 1:30-4:30 p.m. at Hobcaw Barony, on U.S. 17, north of Georgetown. $20, with reservations required at 843-546-4623. www.hobcawbarony.org.
▪ Indigo Choral Society spring concert, “Total Praise (A Showcase of Spiritual Music),” 7 p.m. at Belin Memorial United Methodist Church, 4182 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet (also 3 p.m. Sunday at First Baptist Church, 219 Cleland St., Georgetown). Free. 843-340-8188, 843-546-3888 or www.indigochoral.com.
Three CCU stages abundant in arts
Coastal Carolina University, has three special events, all on the main campus, accessed from U.S. 501 or S.C. 544 in Conway. Details at 843-349-2787 or www.coastal.edu/news/culturalarts:
▪ “Apocalypse Now” film, in “War and Society Film Series” finale, 5 p.m. in Room 256 of Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts Building. Free.
▪ Coastal Winds and Symphonic Band’s “Spring Fling,” 7:30 p.m. in Wheelwright Auditorium. $7 general admission.
▪ “Celebrations” night of scene, songs and dance by theater students, 7:30 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays through April 23 in Edwards Theatre. $7.
Stage Left welcomes Bento Rakugo
The Bento Rakugo troupe opens for two nights through Friday. Details at 843-232-0339 or www.stagelefttheatremb.com.
Details: 8 p.m. at Stage Left Theatre Company, 3064 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, between Nevers and Lewis streets, next to Coastal Dance Centre. $8 at door, cash only.
Montalto opens at Comedy Cabana
Lance Montalto, a native of New Orleans who has spent more than three decades in comedy, will perform this weekend, with Terry Tuff and Cooter Douglas opening. Details at 843-449-4242 or comedycabana.com.
Details: 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday and 10:15 p.m. Friday-Saturday at Comedy Cabana, 9588 N. Kings Highway, just north of Myrtle Beach. $15 or $17.50.
Final run for Atlantic Stage’s ‘Two Rooms’
Atlantic Stage’s eighth season continues with “Two Rooms,” in its final weekend: 7:30 pm. Thursday-Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday. Details at 877-287-8587 or www.atlanticstage.com.
Details: At troupe’s new site, in Myrtle Beach Mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, and next door to Bath and Body Works, near Bass Pro Shops, and across from Carolina Improv Company’s Uptown Theater. $ 27.50 general, $22.50 ages 55 and older/educators/military,and $17.50 students, including Osher Lifelong Learning Institute.