Cruise-in, Celtic concert among outings
▪ “Plantacular Sale” finale, 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach. Free with admission, which lasts seven days: $16 ages 13-64, $14 ages 65 and older, $8 ages 4-12, and free ages 3 and younger. 843-235-6000 or www.brookgreen.org.
▪ Myrtle Beach Car Club cruise-in, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Wicked Tuna, 4123 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. Free. 843-742-9802 or www.myrtlebeachcarclub.com.
▪ Free movie, “Divine Mercy – No Escape – The life of Saint Maria Faustina,” 12:30 p.m. at St. Michael Catholic Church hall, on Cypress Avenue in Garden City Beach. 843-651-3737 or email email@example.com.
▪ “Mike’s Meanderings” shows by Murrells Inlet Community Theatre Second Stage Repertory traveling troupe – Mike Bivona, Pat Dunning, Beverly Kennedy, Kathy Kenney and Heidi McCarty – 3 p.m. (also on April 17), at Georgetown County Library Waccamaw Neck branch, 41 St. Paul Place, Litchfield Beach, off Willbrook Boulevard. Free, with reservations encouraged at 843-545-3623, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. georgetowncountylibrary.sc.gov.
▪ “Celtic Revival” concert by Sky Family, from Prince Edward Island, Canada, 6 p.m. at First Baptist Church, 200 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach. Free. 843-249-2448 or www.fbcnmb.com, and theskys.org.
Pair of theaters put on matinees
▪ “Broadway Through the Ages” 3 p.m. SundayA and April 9-10, and 8 p.m. April 7-9, at Stage Left Theatre Company, 3064 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common. $10. 843-232-0339 or www.stagelefttheatremb.com.
▪ “Two Rooms,” through April 17: 7:30 pm. Thursdays-Saturdays and 3 p.m. Sundays at Atlantic Stage, in Myrtle Beach Mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres. $ 27.50 general, $22.50 ages 55 and older/educators/military,and $17.50 students, including Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members. 877-287-8587 or www.atlanticstage.com.
Family Kingdom riding into new season
Family Kingdom Amusement Park has begun a new year, open 1 p.m. daily through April 10, and April 22-May 1, otherwise weekends through May 22, then daily through summer, all weather permitting. Details at 843-626-3447 or www.familykingdomfun.com.
Details: At 300 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach admission is free, and wristbands for all ages – which do not include go-carts and zip lines – are $27.35 plus tax (or $15.75 total for local residents with ID, sold only in the office under Swamp Fox roller coaster), and individual ride tickets cost $1.15 plus tax each, with 2-5 tickets needed per ride.