See movies for free at two city sites
Catch a free movie in two city of Myrtle Beach sites for free, both rated PG-13:
▪ “Bridge of Spies,” starring Tom Hanks, at 1:30 p.m., for adults, in Chapin Memorial Library, 400 14th Ave. N., at Kings Highway. Details at 843-918-1281 or www.chapinlibrary.org.
▪ “Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation,” starring Tom Cruise, 3 p.m., for adults, at Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, near Farrow Parkway and The Market Common. 843-918-2380.
House of Blues lines up slew of events
House of Blues, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach (843-272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach), has a busy week ahead. Concert prices, plus tax and surcharges, vary by event:
▪ Friday – Jeremiah Reyes, 6:30-8:30 p.m. (free); and Future, with Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Donald, 10 p.m.
▪ Saturday – “Local Brews Local Grooves,” 4 p.m., for $11 advance or $13 day of event; and “Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre,” 7 p.m., for $42 (www.murdermysteryproductions.com).
▪ Sunday –“Kirk Franklin’s Gospel Brunch,” with music by Glory, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., for $31 ages 11 and older, $15.50 ages 4-10, and free ages 3 and younger, and reservations at 843-913-3746.
▪ Tuesday – Disturbed, with Nonpoint, 8 p.m.
Bailey plays free concert at Boathouse
Take in a free weekly concert series of up-and-coming country artists, next with Brandon Bailey. Details at 843-903-2628 or www.boathousemb.com.
Details: 9 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., along the Intracoastal Waterway, just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel.
Race daily at Broadway Grand Prix
Broadway Grand Prix Family Race Park is open daily. Details at 843-839-4080 or broadwaygrandprix.com.
Details: 10 a.m.-10 p.m. at 1820 21st Ave N. Ext., Myrtle Beach, at U.S. 17 Bypass, across from the Palace Theatre and Broadway at the Beach. Various pricing options.