Pick from array of outings – inside and out
▪ “St. Patrick’s Day Kilt Run,” from Dead Dog Saloon, 4079 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet, on Murrells Inlet Marsh Walk – 5K at 8:25 a.m., 10K at 9 a.m., with “Double Shot Challenge” 5K and 10K back to back also an option. Entries on site: $35 for either race or $60 double. runsignup.com, or email Aaron.Marks@cumulus.com.
▪ Finale of Ultimate “Easterns” tournament, with men’s and women’s college teams competing with flying discs, 9 a.m. until later afternoon at North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex, at S.C. 90 and Robert Edge Parkway (www.nmbpark.com). Free to see. www.easterns.org and www.usaultimate.org.
▪ “Fur Flies 4 Fun” competition by A Way to Play Dog Agility Club, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at A Dog’s Way Inn, 761 Pendergrass Ave., Murrells Inlet, west of U.S. 17. 843-357-4545 or www.awaytoplaydogagilityclub.com.
▪ Hot Rod Promotions cruise-in, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Cheesesteak U, 1315 U.S. 501 Business, Conway, next to Oliver’s Restaurant. Free. 843-503-8245.
▪ “Give Back Night,” with 10 percent of sales benefiting Horry County Firefighters Relief Fund, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. at Chili’s, 100 Orchard Drive, Carolina Forest. 843-903-0607.
▪ Waccamaw Arts & Crafts Guild meeting, 1:30 p.m. at Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum, 3100 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach (open 1-4 p.m. for free), with Elaine Goodman, guest speaker. Free. www.wacg.org.
▪ Grand opening of Ally’s Art House, 2-5 p.m. in center court at Inlet Square, at U.S. 17 Bypass and U.S. 17 Business in Murrells Inlet. Email email@example.com.
▪ Festive Brass of Myrtle Beach, annual Can-Am Days concert, 3 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, at Ninth Avenue North and Kings Highway in Myrtle Beach. Free. 843-361-1942 or www.festivebrassofmyrtlebeach.org.
▪ “What Dwells in a Shell?” program 2-2:45 p.m. Sundays in March, at Myrtle Beach State Park, on U.S. 17, just south of city limits, and open 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Free with park admission: $5 ages 16 and older, $3.25 S.C. seniors, $3 ages 6-15. 843-238-0874 or www.myrtlebeachsp.com.
▪ Myrtle Beach Orchid Society meeting, 2:30 p.m. at Grand Strand Senior Center, 268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. 843-236-2221 or 910-579-7089.
▪ Horseback riding therapy for grieving children ages 6-17, 3-5 p.m. at Double C Ranch, at McCormick and Forestbrook roads, near Forestbrook community, with reservations required. 843-444-0813.
▪ Piano concert by Eungoo Hwang, 4 p.m. in Coastal Carolina University Edwards Recital Hall, on main campus in Conway, accessed from U.S. 501 or S.C. 544. $17. 843-349-2787 or www.coastal.edu/news/culturalarts.
▪ “The Last Gig Of Buddy Holly” concert by Mister Fifties, 5 p.m. at Whiskey Beach Bar & Grill 9668 N. Kings Highway, at Galleria Shopping Center, north of Myrtle Beach. Free to see, and 1950s attire encouraged. 843-798-2639, or host site at 843-712-1724.
▪ “Burning of the Socks” spring benefit, 6-8 p.m. at S.C. Maritime Museum, 729 Front St., Georgetown. $20 (members $18). Museum open 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays, for free. 843-520-0111 or scmaritimemuseum.org.
▪ Audtions for “The Dixie Swim Club.” 7 p.m. Sunday-Monday at Stage Left Theatre Company, 3064 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common. 843-232-0339 or www.stagelefttheatremb.com.