MTV’s ‘Teen Mom 2’ star makes initial cut on Myrtle Beach indoor football team
Nathan Griffith, the father of Teen Mom 2’s Jenelle Evans’ second child, has made the initial cut to join the Myrtle Beach Freedom, the indoor football team kicking off its inaugural season this year.
Griffith, of North Myrtle Beach, is one of 45 players who made the cut from about 70 players at the last tryout, said Ronnie McCuin, owner and general manager of the Freedom. Those 45 players are expected to report to training camp Feb. 14, and the roster will eventually be dwindled down to 30 by Feb. 29.
Griffith has had a history in football, having been listed with developmental league team the Palmetto Havoc.
The first pre-season game for the Myrtle Beach Freedom, which will play in X-League Indoor Football, is scheduled for March 6.
Griffith has had his share of the spotlight locally. Early last year, Horry County police charged Griffith with criminal domestic violence after he argued with a household member at the time, police said. According to court records, that case was dismissed. In September 2013, Griffith was charged with driving under suspension, driving on the wrong side of the road and resisting arrest. He spent 11 days at J. Reuben Long Detention Center in April 2014 for those charges, according to jail records.
Among other players who made the initial cut: Penn State alum and former Havoc quarterback Daryll Clark, Oklahoma football standout Eric Huggins, a Conway native, and former Indianapolis Colts linebacker Jonathon Sharpe, also a Conway native.
This story was originally published January 21, 2016 at 3:21 PM with the headline "MTV’s ‘Teen Mom 2’ star makes initial cut on Myrtle Beach indoor football team."