Whether you’re looking to keep the kids or yourself entertained over the next few weeks, there’s a good mix of events going on that that won’t cost you a pretty penny. Here’s the list:
Friday and Saturday
▪ The Children’s Museum of South Carolina is holding an End of Summer Beach Party tonight from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Admission is $1. This event includes games, crafts, prizes and more.
▪ South Carolina’s Largest Garage Sale will take place on Saturday at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center. Admission is free; parking is $5. The sale runs from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Vendor space usually sells out, so there should be plenty of good bargains.
▪ At 10 a.m. on Saturday, all Lowe’s home improvement stores will be holding a free Build and Grow workshop for kids ages 5-12. The kids will be building Thor’s Chariot from Marvel’s Avengers. Go to http://lowesbuildandgrow.com/ to register your child.
▪ La Belle Amie Vineyard at 1120 St. Joseph Road in Little River is hosting a “Summer Breeze Music Fest” from noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday. Admission is $8, but if you bring three canned goods to be donated to local food banks, they’ll give you a $3 discount on admission. The festival includes live music, wine tasting, a gift shop, food and drink vendors and a vineyard tour.
▪ On Saturday and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m., Bass Pro Shops is holding a Next Generation Weekend event for kids as part of its annual Fall Hunting Classic. Admission is free. This event includes kids’ crafts, an archery challenge, an archery workshop, a BB shooting range, a free photo and a drawstring backpack giveaway (while supplies last). Go to http://www.basspro.com/ for the schedule.
▪ Williams-Sonoma at The Market Common is holding a free cooking technique class at 2 p.m. on Sunday. This week’s class is “Foccaccia Style vs. Classic Pizza.” You’ll learn how to prepare a classic pizza with a crisp crust, as well as one that is focaccia-style.
JULIE HENRY is a freelance writer, editor and project manager. She owns and operates Myrtle Beach on the Cheap: www.myrtlebeachonthecheap.com.