Laugh with Kent at club
Choose from two comedy shows at Carolina Comedy Club, at Broadway at the Beach’s Celebrity Square, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. Details at 839-2565 or www.carolinacomedyclub.com:
▪ “The Magic of Carl Michael,” mostly 6 p.m. Sundays and 7 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays-Fridays, through Aug. 28, for $19.95 ages 13 and older, otherwise $9.95.
▪ Sean Kent, 9:05 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday, also 7 p.m. Saturday, for $15.
Special Cinemark screenings
Cinemark at Coastal Grand mall, off Seaboard Street in Myrtle Beach, has two special events on this day. Details at 839-3225 or www.cinemark.com:
▪ “Coming to America,” from 1988, with Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall each in multiple roles, 2 and 7 p.m., for regular movie prices.
▪ “Unity,” 7 p.m., for $12.50 adult, $11.50 senior/student, and $10.50 child.
Shop library book sale
The Friends of the Surfside Beach Library has a book sale on the second Wednesday monthly, including CDs, DVDs, audiobooks and puzzles, with most items costing 25 cents-$2. Details at 238-5869 for the Friends group, or from the library at 205-5280 or www.hcml.org.
Details: 4-6 p.m. (open at 3:30 for Friends members) at Horry County Memorial Library Surfside Beach branch, 410 Surfside Drive.
Film finale at Myrtle Waves
The “Dive-In Movie Night” series concludes with “Big Hero 6,” weather permitting. Park opens 10 a.m. daily. Details at 913-9250 orwww.myrtlewaves.com.
Details: 6:30 p.m. at Myrtle Waves Water Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue North Extension and at U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach. Special general admission after 4 p.m. for $12.99 plus tax, and all-day rates available.
Concert helps shelter’s cause
Catch a concert every Wednesday through Sept. 2, this week with the Tim Clark Band, in support of Providence Home of the Family Emergency Teen Shelter Inc. Details at www.sunsetbeachconcerts.com.
Details: 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Village Park gazebo, on Queen Anne Street, in Sunset Beach, N.C. Free.
Walk with ghost tours
Two local ghost and history walking tours are available between Myrtle Beach and Murrells Inlet, weather permitting and with enough patrons for each:
▪ Haunted Myrtle Beach Ghost Tours, 8 p.m. from Visitor’s Connection, 312 Ninth Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. $17 ages 12 and older, $10 ages 7-11, and free ages 6 and younger. 888-844-3999 or www.hauntedmyrtlebeach.com.
▪ “Miss Chris’ Inlet Walking Tour – Ghosts, Pirates and Legends,” 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays-Sundays, from Lazy Gator, 3986 U.S. Business 17, Murrells Inlet. $10 ages 9 and older, otherwise free. 655-4470.