See ‘Megamind’ in series
The “Summer Kids Series,” with a different family movie every Thursday, continues with “Megamind.” Details at 272-6598 or www.carmike.com/Events/Category/8.
Details | 10 a.m. at Carmike Cinemas 12 at Myrtle Beach Mall, at U.S.17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, for $4, including a small popcorn and small beverage.
‘Family Night’ in gardens
Brookgreen Gardens, open 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. daily, continues “Cool Summer Evenings,” staying open until 9 p.m. Wednesdays-Fridays through Aug. 7. Catch “Family Night” on Thursdays, with “Evening Bed Check With the Animals,” 5 p.m. across Lowcountry Zoo; storytelling with Donna Catton-Johnson, 6 p.m. in Enchanted Storybook Forest; and “A Pirate Adventure at Brookgreen” creek excursions for families, at 5, 6 and 7 p.m., for an extra fee besides garden admission: $8 ages 13 and older, and $4 ages 4-12. Details at 235-6000 or www.brookgreen.org.
Details | At gardens, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, across from Huntington Beach State Park. Admission lasts seven days: $15 ages 13-64, $13 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12, and free ages 3 and younger.
Free outings outside
Free and weather permitting:
▪ “Bingo and S’Mores,” 6 p.m. at Old Bridge Museum, 109 Shoreline Drive W., Sunset Beach, N.C., open 5-8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Wednesdays. 910-363-6585 or oldbridgepreservationsociety.org.
▪ After 5 Band, 6-9 p.m. in Georgetown’s Francis Marion Park, at Front and Broad streets. www.historicgeorgetownsc.com.
▪ Both 6:30 p.m.: Mark Roberts Band, in Rourk Gardens, on Main Street in Shallotte, N.C., across from Jerome’s Steak & Seafood; and Fat Jack Band, in Calabash Town Park, 868 Persimmon Road. 910-253-2031 or bcparks.recdesk.com.
▪ “Music on Main,” with the Castaways, 7-9 p.m. at North Myrtle Beach’s Horseshoe, at Main Street and Ocean Boulevard. 280-5594, ext. 3, or parks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=11.
▪ Dave Matthews Tribute Band, 7-10 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. 839-3500 or www.marketcommonmb.com.
▪ “Hot Summer Nights,” with Chocolate Chip Band, 8-11 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue and North Ocean Boulevard. 779-2662 or www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com.
▪ Jocelyn Arndt, and Below the Bassline, 8 p.m.-midnight on patio at Hard Rock Cafe, at Broadway at the Beach, at 29th Avenue North and U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach. 946-0007, ext. 208. www.hardrock.com/myrtlebeach.
▪ Movie “Paddington,” 9 p.m. in Surfside Beach’s Martin Field, at Dogwood Drive and Sixth Avenue South. 650-9548 or www.surfsidebeach.org.
‘Dinosaurs’ roar at site
Details | In northeast corner of Broadway at the Beach, off 29th Avenue North, between Ripley’s Aquarium and Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville. Plus tax: $14.95 ages 13 and older, $9.95 ages 3-12, free ages 2 and younger; also, family pass, for two adults, two children $44.95.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeachOnline.com/kicks.