Get festive for Fourth
▪ “Fourth of July Celebration at the Old Bridge,” 9 a.m. at 109 Shoreline Drive W., Sunset Beach, N.C., starting with parade of decorated bicycles and anything that rolls. 910-363-6585 or oldbridgepreservationsociety.org.
▪ Battle Cross Monument dedication, 10 a.m. at Myrtle Beach’s Warbird Park, on Farrow Parkway, just west of U.S. 17 Business, along southern end of Myrtle Beach International Airport, near cross-intersection with Ocean Boulevard. www.cvma34-3.com.
▪ Murrells Inlet “Fourth of July Boat Parade” and fireworks, with parade 10 a.m., south from Garden City Point to Jetty View Walk, behind King Street Grille and Hot Fish Club, and fireworks 10 p.m. Free to see. 357-2007 or www.murrellsinletsc.com.
▪ “American Pride March,” with volunteers carrying flags in parade at 11 a.m. across parts of North Myrtle Beach, from the north at Cherry Grove Pier and from south at Ocean Creek, meeting at 1 p.m. at Horseshoe, at Main Street and Ocean Boulevard, for flag-raising ceremony. 399-1111 503-3062, 333-5157, or email email@example.com.
▪ N.C. Fourth of July Festival, in downtown Southport, N.C., including parade at 11 a.m., from Moore and Howe streets, and fireworks 9-9:30 p.m. 910-457-6964 or www.nc4thofjuly.com.
▪ “Independence Music Blast,” noon-6 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. $8 ages 18-79, and bring two canned/dry good donations for $3 discount. 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.
▪ “Salute From the Shore” flyover, southward along ocean, with first planes by Cherry Grove Fishing Pier at 1 p.m., Springmaid Beach Pier in Myrtle Beach 1:09, Murrells Inlet Jetty 1:16; Pawleys Island 1:19, and DeBordieu Colony 1:22. salutefromtheshore.org.
▪ Garden City Beach Golf Cart Parade, 2 p.m. from parking lot behind Willard’s Fireworks, 2021 U.S. 17 Business, then heading east on Calhoun Drive, then left (north) on North Dogwood Drive, and west (left) on Woodland Drive. 340-5835.
▪ “Fourth of July Cupcake Eating Contest & Festival” benefit, 2-5 p.m., with contest at 4 p.m., at Croissants Bistro & Bakery, 3751 Robert M. Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. Free. 448-2253 or www.croissants.net.
▪ Fourth of July Celebration, 6-10 p.m. (fireworks 9:30) at Surfside Beach Pier, 11 N. Ocean Blvd., at Surfside Drive Free. 650-9548 or www.surfsidebeach.org.
▪ “Pawleys Island Fourth of July Evening Celebration” by Pawleys Island Concert Band, 6:15-8 p.m. in Precious Blood of Christ Catholic Church Parish Life Center, 1633 Waverly Road. Free. 235-9931 or www.pawleysislandconcertband.org.
▪ Fourth of July Concert, by Indigo Choral Society, 7-8 p.m. on Kaminski House Museum lawn, 1003 Front St., Georgetown (rain location: Georgetown Presbyterian Church, 558 Black River Road). Free. 546-7706 or www.kaminskimuseum.org.
Other fireworks displays:
▪ 10 p.m. off Second Avenue (North) Pier in Myrtle Beach. 779-2662 or www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com.
▪ 10 p.m. at Broadway at the Beach lake, in Myrtle Beach. 444-3200 or www.broadwayatthebeach.com.
▪ 10:15 p.m. at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. 272-8349 or www.bflanding.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeachOnline.com/kicks.