Myrtle Beach is mentioned all over the feature film “Magic Mike XXL,” with the last 30 minutes of the nearly two-hour film being based in town – and some scenes filmed along Ocean Boulevard.
Within the first five minutes, actor Joe Manganiello mentions the “pilgrimage to Myrtle Beach” and the film ends with scenes shot on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and Promenade.
Here’s a list of when you should pay extra attention for mentions and scenes of Myrtle Beach when head to theaters to see the film this week:
▪ (0:05): First mention of Myrtle Beach. Manganiello, as Richie, says “Tomorrow we start the pilgrimage to Myrtle Beach for the convention.”
▪ (0:09): Myrtle Beach is mentioned by Channing Tatum, saying the guys are on the way to the convention.
▪ (0:24): The guys mention being on their way to Myrtle Beach. Actress responds, “Try Kiawah Island instead.”
▪ (1:05): Tatum invites Amber Heard to join the guys in Myrtle Beach at the convention.
▪ (1:16): Viewers first see the Rolls Royce that was in Myrtle Beach on Ocean Boulevard. The next few minutes include aerial shots of the beach, SkyWheel, 2nd Avenue Pier and more.
▪ (1:20): The guys are shown cruising down Ocean Boulevard with the Fun Plaza Acrade behind the, then they pull up to the Boardwalk Beach Resort and walk toward the pool.
▪ (1:22): Cast members can be seen shopping at a convenience store on Sixth Avenue North and walking toward the Sea Nymph motel.
▪ (1:24): Cast members are seen walking to their rooms at the Boardwalk Beach Resort and Tatum and Adam Rodriguez have a scene inside one of the rooms.
▪ (1:25): The convention begins at a facility in Savannah, which has been dressed up to look like the Myrtle Beach Convention Center.
▪ (1:50): Cast members are seen at Myrtle Beach Fries on Ocean Boulevard by Plyler Park, then they walk around to Iggy’s Italian Ice on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and Promenade where they watch the Fourth of July fireworks.
“Magic Mike XXL” runs 1 hour and 52 minutes and hits theaters Wednesday.
Contact MAYA T. PRABHU at 444-1722 or on Twitter @TSN_mprabhu.