Free concerts on Sundays
Free, on this day with:
▪ “Surfside Beach Sunday Serenades” with acoustic artists taking turns for 45 minutes each, with Dr. Joe Moyer, Jill Trinka, Doug Fankhauser, and Lola., 2-5 p.m. in Surfside Beach’s Passive Park with veterans memorial, at Surfside and Willow drives, by front of Horry County Memorial Library, Surfside Beach branch. Details at 450-7281.
▪ “Arts at the Church” series, with Theatre of the Republic’s Lunda Cornelius, mezzo-soprano, with Diana Scroggins, accompanist, 3 p.m. at Trinity Presbyterian Church, 2061 Glenns Bay Road, just west of Surfside Beach. 750-0344.
▪ Mocassin Creek and Demun Jones, 5 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., along Intracoastal Waterway, just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. 903-2628 or www.boathousemb.com.
▪ Steve Owens & Summertime, 6:30 p.m. in Holden Beach, N.C., in town’s Pavilion, at end of Jordan Boulevard. 910-253-2031 or www.brunswickcountync.gov.
▪ “Sunday Celebrations on the Boardwalk,” opening with Finding Favour, and The City Harmonic, 7 p.m. on Ocean Boulevard, between Eighth and Ninth avenues North in Myrtle Beach. 945-9440 or www.mygroundzero.com.
Other special outings
▪ Father’s Day Breakfast, 8-11 a.m. at Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10420, 3459 U.S. 17 Bypass, Murrells Inlet. $8. 651-6900.
▪ Myrtle Beach Orchid Society meeting, 2:30 p.m. at Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. Bring plants for display. 910-579-7089 or 236-2221.
▪ “TCM Presents ‘Jaws’ 40th Anniversary,” 2 and 7 p.m. (also on Wednesday) at Cinemark at Coastal Grand mall, off Seaboard Street in Myrtle Beach, for regular movie prices. 839-3225 or www.cinemark.com.
▪ Theatre of the Republic’s “Gypsy,” 3 p.m. this Sunday, and June 27 and 28, and July 4-5; and 7:30 p.m. June 25-27, and July 1-4; at Main Street Theatre, 335 Main. St., Conway. $23. 488-0821 or www.theatreoftherepublic.com.
Two easy escapes
▪ Free admission for fathers on this day only, at N.C. Aquarium at Fort Fisher, on U.S. 421, just south of Kure Beach, N.C., open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily for $10.95 ages 13-61, $9.95 seniors and military, $8.95 ages 3-12, and free ages 2 and younger. Also, Father’s Day Barbecue: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., for $24 ages 13 and older, $22 ages 3-12, $5 age 2, and free ages 1 and younger. Reservations required. 910-458-7468 or www.ncaquariums.com/fort-fisher.
▪ Fifth annual Blueberry Jam and Lowcountry Blueberry Festival, noon-7 p.m. at Blue Pearl Farms, 9760 Randall Road, McClellanville, including live music and Blueberry Toss, for which one person tosses a berry, and the other individual catches it in his or her mouth, amid a 43.5-foot record. $10 ages 16 and older, otherwise free. 843-887-3554 or bluepearlfarms.com/Blueberry_Festival.html.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeachOnline.com/kicks.