Events include Paddle Fest
▪ Paddle Fest, benefiting Tara Hall Home for Boys, launches 7:30 a.m. from Union Station, 333 Henry Road (S.C. 41), Hemingway, on Black Mingo Creek to festival on Tara Hall campus, 2675 County Rd S-22-6, in Rose Hall section of northwest Georgetown County. Paddle fees $30 ages 17 and older, $15 ages 8-16, including meal and T-shirt, but paddlers bring own equipment. Festival, for people not paddling $10 at gate. 546-3000, 546-3666 or www.tarahall.org/paddlefest-2015/.
▪ “America’s Boating Course,” by North Strand Sail and Power Squadron, in two parts: 8 a.m.-noon Saturday and June 27, at Little River United Methodist Church, 1629 U.S. 17. $39.95. 399-1342 or www.northstrandsquadron.com.
▪ “Georgetown Flea by the Sea,” 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at Georgetown Farmer’s Market, 122 Screven St., including filming for Great American Country channel’s “Endless Yard Sale” show. www.dogeorgetown.com.
▪ VeggieFest, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at Freewoods Farm, off Bay Road from S.C. 707 in Burgess community, with tour 9:30 a.m., classes on value and cooking of vegetables 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., and lunch 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. $10 ages 8 and older, otherwise $5. 650-2064, 650-9139 or www.freewoodsfarm.com.
▪ Special sensory showing of “Inside Out,” for families with children with autism, 10 a.m. at Grand 14 Cinema at The Market Common in Myrtle Beach. Free. 609-744-0099, or email email@example.com.
▪ 30-year Anniversary Party, at Myrtle Waves Water Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue North Extension and U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach, open 10 a.m. daily. For this event only: $19.85 all-day admission. 913-9250 or www.myrtlewaves.com.
▪ South Brunswick Islands Craft Fair, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at Brunswick Community College South Campus, 9400 Ocean Highway W. (U.S. 17), Calabash, N.C., near Crow Creek, two miles north of state line. 910-755-7419.
▪ Cruise-ins, free, by Myrtle Beach Car Club (742-9802), 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at NHC HealthCare, 9405 U.S. 17 Bypass, Garden City Beach; and Hot Rod Promotions (503-8245), noon-3 p.m. at Wrecking Ball Tavern, 702 S.C. 544, Conway.
▪ First Blush of Summer Fest, noon-6 p.m., including music till 5 p.m. by Jebb Mac Band and Lynne and the Wave, at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. $8, and bring two canned/dry food items for local food bank and receive $3 discount. 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.
▪ Book signing with Barry Kelly, author of “ISIS: Quiet Justice,” 1-3 p.m. at Barnes & Noble Booksellers, 3346 Reed St., Myrtle Beach, at The Market Common (238-2917). factsandfictions.com.
▪ Summer solstice artists’ reception, 2-5 p.m. Saturday, with music by George Devens, at Art Works, open 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays, in Litchfield Exchange, on U.S. 17 in Litchfield Beach, behind Applewood House of Pancakes and two miles south of Brookgreen Gardens. 235-9600 or classatpawleys.com.
▪ Dorothea Benton Frank meet-and-greet and book signing benefit, 4 p.m. at North Myrtle Beach Area Historical Museum, 799 Second Ave. N., North Myrtle Beach. $50. 427-7668 or www.nmbmuseum.com, and www.dotfrank.com.
▪ Rivertown Bluegrass Society, Saturday at Horry-Georgetown Technical College’s Burroughs & Chapin Auditorium, off U.S. 501 in Conway, with Hubert Lawson & Country Bluegrass Boys at 5 and 7:15 p.m., and Savannah River Bluegrass at 6 and 8 p.m. $12 ages 12 and older, otherwise free. 457-2854 or www.rivertownbluegrasssociety.com.
▪ Sixth annual spaghetti dinner, benefiting North Strand Housing Shelter, 5-7:30 p.m. at Living Water Baptist Church, 1569 S.C. 9, Longs, $8; takeout available. 504-0032.
▪ Rodney Carrington, 7 p.m. at Alabama Theatre, at Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach. $27.15, $44.75, or $179.75. 272-1111 or www.alabama-theatre.com.
▪ “Movies in the Park,” with “Paddington,” 8:30 p.m. at C.B. Berry Historical & Community Center, 2250 S.C. 179, Little River, beside Vereen Memorial Gardens. Free. 249-4157 or www.parksandrec.horrycounty.org.
▪ Juicy J, 9 p.m. at House of Blues, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. $36.50 or $64. 272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeachOnline.com/kicks.