Field trip hits landfill
Join staff from North Inlet-Winyah Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve on a field trip to one of Georgetown County’s landfill and recycling centers for insight into what’s recyclable and what’s trash. Room for only 14 participants, so register at 904-9017. More details at www.northinlet.sc.edu.
Details | 1-4 p.m. at Hobcaw Barony, on U.S. 17, just north of Georgetown. Free, but with room for only 14 participants.
Join Strand Cinema
The Strand Cinema group begins a new weekend of movies: “Three Worlds,” from 2012, at 2:30 p.m., and “Cake” (2014) 7 p.m.; then on Saturday: “Maps to the Stars” (2014) at 2:30 p.m., and “Confessions of a Prodigal Son” (2015) 7 p.m. Details at 527-2924 or www.strandcinema.org.
Details | at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown; each $5 for members, otherwise $7.
Free movies, in and out
Catch a free movie in two places:
▪ “Beyond The Lights,” starring Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Danny Glover, at 3 p.m. for adults, at Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, near Farrow Parkway and The Market Common. Details at 918-2380.
▪ “Jurassic Park,” about 8:30 p.m. in Conway’s Riverfront Park, on Elm Street. 488-1950 or www.conwayparksandrecreation.com.
Free concerts outside
▪ Stan Gregory, 1-5 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.
▪ Lucky Girls Band and Greg Luck, 6:30 p.m. at Garrison House, off Davis Street in Southport, N.C. 910-253-2031 or www.brunswickcountync.gov.
▪ Justin Anderson, 9 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar and Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. 903-2628 or boathousemb.com.
Laugh with Improv’s acts
Carolina Improv Company, with shows at the Uptown Theater in Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, has updated its schedule through June, all at 7:30 p.m (272-4242 or www.carolinaimprov.com):
▪ “Whose Night Out Is It Anyway?” adult show, Friday, and June 12, 17 and 24, for $12.75 advance online, or $14 at door.
▪ “Whose Beach Is It Anyway,” family friendly show, Saturday, Monday, and June 13, 16, 19, 23 and 26, for $14 for ages 12 and older, and $12 ages 4-11.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeachOnline.com/kicks.