Outings take many forms
▪ Yard sale benefiting international missions, 7:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Belin Memorial United Methodist Church, 4182 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 457-8708.
▪ Native Sons Salt Games, 8 a.m.-7 p.m. (and 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday) on Myrtle Beach’s Ocean Boulevard and beach, between Eighth and Ninth avenues North, benefiting Surfrider Foundation Grand Strand Chapter (333-2034 or surfridergrandstrand.org), and Surf Dreams Foundation (www.surfdreamsfoundation.org). Free to see, with registration fees to compete in various events. 448-0585 or www.thesaltgames.com.
▪ Special sensory showing of “Monster Trucks,” for families with autistic children, 10 a.m. at Grand 14 Cinema at The Market Common in Myrtle Beach. Free. 609-744-0099, or email email@example.com.
▪ Miniature golf benefit for McLeod Children’s Hospital in Florence, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at Runaway Bay Miniature Golf, 1800 U.S. 17 Business S., Garden City Beach, by Tupelo Bay Golf Center, just south of Bi-Lo at the Beach. 215-1038
▪ At Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17, south of Murrells Inlet: Grainger McKoy, from “Carolina Roots” exhibit, speaking at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., free with admission (which lasts seven days: $15 ages 13-64, $13 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12, and free ages 3 and younger); and “Breakfast with the Butterflies,” 10 a.m.-noon, $25 ages 13 and older, otherwise $20, including admission. Reservations required for both, at 235-6016. www.brookgreen.org.
▪ “Paddle for the Pets Build Your Own Boat Race Festival,” noon at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, benefiting the Humane Society of North Myrtle Beach (249-4948 or www.humanesocietynmb.org), including “Furry Fashion Show” at 1 p.m., boat race 3 p.m., and awards and after-party at Dick’s Last Resort. 361-7949 or www.bflanding.com.
▪ “Elements of Art Show,” 5-7 p.m. at Bridgewater Academy Charter School, 191 River Landing Blvd., just west of Myrtle Beach, off Waccamaw Boulevard, near River Oaks Drive and U.S. 501, on west side of the Intracoastal Waterway. See works by the school’s students, from kindergarten through eighth grade. Free. 236-3689 or bridgewateracademy.org.
▪ At House of Blues, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach: Dinner show by Murder Mystery Productions (www.murdermysteryproductions.com), 7 p.m., for $42; and Departure – A Tribute to Journey, 8:30 p.m., for $13. 272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach.
▪ Carolina Improv Company’s “Chick Dicktionary,” for adults, 7:30 p.m. in Uptown Theater, at Myrtle Beach Mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres. $12.75 advance online, or $14 at door. 272-4242 or www.carolinaimprov.com.
▪ “Elvis Has Left the Building,” 8 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays, and 3 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays, through June 14 at Stage Left Theatre Company, 3064 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, between Nevers and Lewis streets, next to Coastal Dance Centre. $18 general; $15 students and active-duty military and veterans. 232-0339 or www.stagelefttheatremb.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeachOnline.com/kicks.