‘Blooms’ fill gallery; three exhibits at library
▪ “Blooms” group exhibit – with works by Louis Aliotta, Roseann Bellinger, Brenda Butka, Karen Casciani, Kim Clayton, Ruth Cox, Karen Day-Vath, Sterling Edwards, Mark Hilliard, Gene Horne, Sue Marion, Beverly Offitt, Ardie Praetorius, Micheline Sansregret, Pat Smelkoff, Joyce Volmer, Celia Wester, gallery owner Ginny Lassiter, and the Ramona Batsford Bendin – through June 3 at Sunset River Marketplace, 10283 Beach Drive S.W. (N.C. 179), Calabash, open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. 910-575-5999 or www.sunsetrivermarketplace.com.
▪ Through June at Georgetown County Library Waccamaw Neck branch, 41 St. Paul Place, Litchfield Beach, off Willbrook Boulevard: watercolors by Johnnie Cowan, founder and first president of the Georgetown County Watercolor Society; and photography exhibits by Sandra Anderson and June J. Jordan each. Open 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays, and through May, 2-5 p.m. Sundays. 843-545-3623 or georgetowncountylibrary.sc.gov.
GTS Theatre rotates trio of productions
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
The GTS Theatre, 1220 Port Drive, Myrtle Beach, off southbound U.S. 17 Bypass, near Jamin Leather – and also accessed from S.C. 707 via Macklen Road, near the Super 8 motel – continues its spring slate of shows, with this schedule this week through May 13. Prices vary by show. Details at 843-756-4386 (4FUN) or www.gtstheatre.com.
▪ “Motor City Musical – A Tribute to Motown,” 8 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
▪ “Beach Party” 1960s tribute, 6 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday.
▪ “’70s Tribute Show,” 6 p.m. Wednesday.
Join park’s ‘Coastal Kayaking’ on Mondays
Mondays in “Coastal Kayaking,” take a guided salt-marsh tour – for ages 9 and older, and with adult accompaniment through age 15 – Pre-registration required with Black River Outdoors Center at 843-546-4840 by 4 p.m. the previous Sunday. More natrure program details at 843-235-8755, 843-237-4440 or www.huntingtonbeachsp.comwww.huntingtonbeachsp.com.
Details: 10 a.m.-noon – Meet by 9:45 a.m. at gift shop at Huntington Beach State Park, on U.S. 17 between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, across from Brookgreen Gardens, then caravan to from Oyster Landing in Murrells Inlet, a half-mile north of park entrance. $40.
Adults invited to take free computer classes
Adults interested in learning basic computer/word processing skills, and e-mail/web skills, are invited to free classes. Register at 843-488-6200 or hcae.horrycountyschools.net.
Details: 1-4 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays and 4-8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays – at Conway Education Center, 1620 Sherwood Drive, Conway; and Myrtle Beach Family Learning Center, 950 Crabtree Lane, Building 600 on the Horry-Georgetown Technical College Myrtle Beach campus.