‘Blooms’ fill gallery; three exhibits at library
▪ “Blooms” group exhibit – with works by Louis Aliotta, Roseann Bellinger, Brenda Butka, Karen Casciani, Kim Clayton, Ruth Cox, Karen Day-Vath, Sterling Edwards, Mark Hilliard, Gene Horne, Sue Marion, Beverly Offitt, Ardie Praetorius, Micheline Sansregret, Pat Smelkoff, Joyce Volmer, Celia Wester, gallery owner Ginny Lassiter, and the Ramona Batsford Bendin – through June 3 at Sunset River Marketplace, 10283 Beach Drive S.W. (N.C. 179), Calabash, open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. 910-575-5999 or www.sunsetrivermarketplace.com.
▪ Through June at Georgetown County Library Waccamaw Neck branch, 41 St. Paul Place, Litchfield Beach, off Willbrook Boulevard: watercolors by Johnnie Cowan, founder and first president of the Georgetown County Watercolor Society; and photography exhibits by Sandra Anderson and June J. Jordan each. Open 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays, and through May, 2-5 p.m. Sundays. 843-545-3623 or georgetowncountylibrary.sc.gov.
GTS Theatre rotates trio of productions
The GTS Theatre, 1220 Port Drive, Myrtle Beach, off southbound U.S. 17 Bypass, near Jamin Leather – and also accessed from S.C. 707 via Macklen Road, near the Super 8 motel – continues its spring slate of shows, with this schedule this week through May 13. Prices vary by show. Details at 843-756-4386 (4FUN) or www.gtstheatre.com.
▪ “Motor City Musical – A Tribute to Motown,” 8 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
▪ “Beach Party” 1960s tribute, 6 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday.
▪ “’70s Tribute Show,” 6 p.m. Wednesday.
Join park’s ‘Coastal Kayaking’ on Mondays
Mondays in “Coastal Kayaking,” take a guided salt-marsh tour – for ages 9 and older, and with adult accompaniment through age 15 – Pre-registration required with Black River Outdoors Center at 843-546-4840 by 4 p.m. the previous Sunday. More natrure program details at 843-235-8755, 843-237-4440 or www.huntingtonbeachsp.comwww.huntingtonbeachsp.com.
Details: 10 a.m.-noon – Meet by 9:45 a.m. at gift shop at Huntington Beach State Park, on U.S. 17 between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, across from Brookgreen Gardens, then caravan to from Oyster Landing in Murrells Inlet, a half-mile north of park entrance. $40.
Adults invited to take free computer classes
Adults interested in learning basic computer/word processing skills, and e-mail/web skills, are invited to free classes. Register at 843-488-6200 or hcae.horrycountyschools.net.
Details: 1-4 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays and 4-8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays – at Conway Education Center, 1620 Sherwood Drive, Conway; and Myrtle Beach Family Learning Center, 950 Crabtree Lane, Building 600 on the Horry-Georgetown Technical College Myrtle Beach campus.