Special events include mini-golf ‘Masters’
▪ Fifth annual “Kick Event,” 5:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 3:30-8 p.m. at 9Round 30-Minute Kickbox Fitness, 11899 S.C. 707, in Burgess community, north of Tournament Boulevard, with every kick all day in workouts equaling 1 cent for donation for breast cancer research. First-ever workout free for newcomers. 843-357-9800 orwww.9Round.com/murrellsinletsc.
▪ 20th annual U.S. ProMiniGolf Association “Masters” National Championship, all day Thursday-Friday at Hawaiian Rumble Golf, 3210 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach, and Aloha Minigolf, 900 Lake Arrowhead Road, between Briarcliffe Acres and Myrtle Beach; final two rounds Saturday morning at Hawaiian Rumble; and awarding of green jacket at 6 p.m. Saturday at Crocodile Rocks, at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. Free to see. 843-458-2585, 843-272-7812, prominigolf.com, or email email@example.com.
▪ Luncheon for Sav-R-Cats International (based near Surfside Beach), 12:30 p.m. at Lenny’s Pancake House, 1610 S. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach. $12 plus gratuity. 843-222-7804 or www.sav-r-cats.com.
▪ Art show and reception highlighting four members who each took a turn as Georgetown Wooden Boat Show artists, 5-8 p.m. at Georgetown Art Gallery, 705 Front St., with exhibit through Nov. 5 843-527-7711 or www.georgetownartgallery-sc.com. (Wooden Boat Show is Saturday-Sunday on Georgetown’s Front Street. 843-520-0111, 843-545-0015 or woodenboatshow.com.)
▪ “Music in the Park,” 6-9 p.m. in Georgetown’s Francis Marion Park, at Front and Broad streets, with karaoke with Jessie Taylor. Free. www.georgetownseaport.com/events/, or email GBASC29440@gmail.com.
▪ Pawleys Island Festival of Music & Art, with Marcus Anderson, 7 p.m. at The Reserve Golf Club of Pawleys Island, 18 Reserve Drive, north off Willbrook Drive, west of Litchfield Beach. $25 or $45. 843-626-8911 or pawleysmusic.com.
▪ “Music on Main” finale, with Jim Quick & Coastline, 7-9 p.m. (rescheduled from Oct. 6) at North Myrtle Beach’s Horseshoe, at Main Street and Ocean Boulevard. Free. 843-280-5594, ext. 3; or parks.nmb.us.
▪ “Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike,” 7:30 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays and 3 p.m. Sundays through Oct. 23, at Atlantic Stage, at Myrtle Beach Mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, and next door to Bath and Body Works. $27.50 general admission; $22.50 ages 55 and older, as well as educators and military; and $17.50 students, including Coastal Carolina University Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members. 877-287-8587 or www.atlanticstage.com.
Meet authors at various sites, north and south
▪ Book launch party, 4-6 p.m. for Debra L. Reble, author of “Being Love: How Loving Yourself Creates Ripples of Transformation In Your Relationships and the World,” at Sunset River Marketplace, 10283 Beach Drive S.W., Calabash, N.C. Free, with reservations at 910-575-5999 or sunsetrivermarketplace.com.
▪ Ian McLaren, author of “How Umbro Got Stoned,” in “Author’s Table,” 6:30 p.m. at Georgetown County Library Waccamaw Neck branch, 41 St. Paul Place, Litchfield Beach, off Willbrook Boulevard. 843-545-3623 or georgetowncountylibrary.sc.gov.
▪ Rhonda Nichols, author of “Treasure in the North Tower,” signing books at 6:30 p.m. First Assembly of God, 331 St. James St., Georgetown. 405-310-1533, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.