• June 27-July 20 (Fri. Sat. Sun. only) | Ladies East Coast Handicap Tournament at Waccamaw and Surfside. Entries close May 16.
• July 13 | Senior Scratch Tournament at Little River.
• June 21 | The Shepherd of the Sea Lutheran Men in Mission 26th Golf Gala, Burning Ridge Golf Club, 8:30 a.m. shotgun start, four-player captain's choice format with handicap. Cost of $60 per player includes gratuities, prizes, and post-tournament lunch. Proceeds benefit projects including the development and support of New Lutheran Churches in South Carolina, the South Carolina Lutheran Men in Mission Scholarship at Newberry College and scholarship grant for an S.C. student to the Southern Lutheran Theological Seminary in Columbia. Hole sponsorships of $100 available. Contact the church at 843-651-7377, Jerry Wiley at 843-357-3840 or email@example.com, or Larry Rathe at 843-333-4692 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
| The Shallotte Lions Club will hol the Harrison/Rourk Memorial Golf Tournament – in memory of Jack Harrison and Dr. M. Henderson Rourk – at Rees Jones Course at Sea Trail Plantation in Sunset Beach, N.C. The tournament will be an 8:30 a.m. shotgun start. The cost to enter will be $70, and the game will be Captain’s Choice (four-person teams). Competitors have the choice of making their own teams or being assigned to one, with the field broken into two flights. Prizes per flight are $400 for first place, $200 for second and $100 for third. Entries must be made by July 15, and can be mailed to tournament chairman Marvin Peters at 592 Coach Trail in Sunset Beach, N.C., 28468. Peters is also available by phone if more information is sought (910-579-1059).
| The First Tee of The Grand Strand Future Generations Tournament, Caledonia Golf & Fish Club, 8:30 a.m. registration, 10 a.m. shotgun start. Four-person team captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $2,000 per team includes prizes, gifts, food and beverages. Golf Channel personalities Charlie Rymer and Kelly Tilghman are taking part. This year’s event honors the late Todd Welden, former Caledonia head pro. Revels Turf & Tractor is the title sponsor. Contact Joe White at 919-414-4215 or Danny Hardy at 910-880-4212.
| Grand Strand Lodge 392 AFM will be holding a Pro-Am Golf Tournament at the Barefoot Resort and Golf Fazio Course on August 2, 2014, 8:30 AM registration - 9:30 AM shotgun start. All proceeds to benefit local homeless shelters, orphanages and other local charities. Continental breakfast and lunch will be served at the Dye Course Clubhouse after the round. There will be prizes for the amateurs; professionals will be playing for a purse. One professional will play with 4 amateurs as a team. $125.00 donation per amateur or $500.00 per team; $100.00 hole sponsor donation. For information and sign-up please call Alan Simeon (843-390-2444) or Rex Thompson (910) 443-1531.
| The 11th annual “Adopt A Tree Highway” golf tournament to benefit the continued beautification of Hwy 17 Bypass. Captain's Choice format, registration at 6:30 a.m., 8 a.m. shotgun start, Wachesaw Plantation East. Entry fee of $60 per player includes continental breakfast with coffee and juice, lunch of steak and chicken from Outback Steakhouse and post-round party with beer and soda provided. Five team prizes each for overall, ladies, seniors and super seniors. Sink a putt for $2,500 or hole in one for a $10,000 golf trip to Pebble Beach. Other prizes and auctions. Tournament is co-sponsored by Legends in Concert. Call Lou at 215-3753 orLouK1065@gmail.com
| 30th annual Mark Sloan Cancer Memorial Tournament, River Oaks Golf Club, 8 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice scramble format. The entry fee of $85 per person or $300 per foursome includes breakfast, lunch, prizes, giveaways, post-tournament party and on-course beverages, and the winning team receives an engraved crystal decanter set. The event raises money for cancer research and RAFT – the Realtors Assistance Fund Trust for realtors and member affiliates who may need financial assistance due to medical hardship. The event has donated more than $500,000 to cancer research. Contact Christi Farmer at 839-8071 email@example.com
| The Grand Strand Seniors Men’s Golf Association plays a tournament every Monday at a different golf course on the Grand Strand. Any amateur male golfer over 50 is eligible. Snowbirds welcomed! Visitwww.gssmga.org
| The Myrtle Beach Chapter of the American Singles Golf Association (ASGA) regularly meets the second Thursday each month for nine holes of golf at River Oaks Golf Club followed by a social hour and dinner starting at 6 p.m. at the Clarion Hotel in Fantasy Harbor. A general monthly meeting starts at 7 p.m. The cost for dinner is $12, which includes tax, tip and soft drink. If interested, call the ASGA at 1-888-465-3628, visitwww.singlesgolf.com
or email Myrtle Beach Chapter membership chairman Kim Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO SUBMIT SCORES
• Please send your weekly scores and/or notes to: email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is 3 p.m. Monday. Late submissions will be published the following week. Results appear in The Sun News each Thursday.
• Results may be submitted via email, to be included on our scoreboard. No phone calls or faxes.
• Holes-in-one, eagles and shooting your age must be submitted by a representative from the course.