• June 27-July 20 (Fri. Sat. Sun. only) | Ladies East Coast Handicap Tournament at Waccamaw and Surfside. Entries close May 16.
| Grand Strand Chapter of the Military Officers Association of America Fundraising Tournament, Legends Resort’s Heathland Course, four-person captain’s choice format, 2 p.m. shotgun start. Entry fee of $75 per player and $280 per team includes noon-2 p.m. lunch, refreshments and prizes for top finishers and men’s and women’s skills contest winners. Veterans have reduced entry fees. Cart and hole sponsorships available for $25-$100. Proceeds support college scholarships for high school seniors, Wounded Warrior trips to Myrtle Beach and a Veterans Welcome Home and Resource Center. Contact Jerry Terwilliger at 607-331-1098 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Greg Youngman at 943-714-5073 or email@example.com.
| The Shallotte Presbyterian Church is conducting their Annual Community Charity Golf Tournament on the Fazio course at Barefoot Resort & Golf on Saturday, May 24. This is a Captain’s Choice event with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. A continental breakfast, buffet lunch, golf, and free range balls are included in the price of $75 per golfer. There will be closest to the pin and long drive contests. Prizes will be awarded in a Men’s Division, a Woman’s Division, and a Mixed Division. The field is limited to the first 120 entrants. To get an entry form you may contact the church secretary at 754-6929 or Ed Kazan at 579-3384 or firstname.lastname@example.org
| The First Tee of Brunswick County’s Future Generations tournament, St James Plantation Reserve Club, Founders Club and Players Club courses, four-person team captain’s choice format, 8:30 a.m. registration, 10 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee of $380 per foursome includes awards for lowest scores in men’s, women’s and couples divisions; hole-in-one prizes on every course; post-round cocktail hour and dinner with complimentary beer & wine; live/silent auctions and raffles. Mulligans and sponsorships are available. Register at www.thefirstteebrunswick
county.org or call 910-575-4563.
| Long Bay Symphony 12th annual Fiddler on the Green Golf Classic, Myrtle Beach National Golf Club, 8:30 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Entry fee is $70 per player. Proceeds support the Long Bay Symphony and its Youth Orchestra. Last year the event raised more than $7,000 for the Symphony. Call the Symphony office at 843-448-8379 or Joe Heindlmeyer at 616-485-0427.
| 13th annual Wheeler Memorial Tournament benefiting Mercy Care, Arrowhead Country Club, 9 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format with no handicaps. Entry fee of $375 per team or $100 per player includes 8 a.m. Chick-fil-A breakfast, catered lunch buffet from Longbeard’s Bar & Grill, $20 gift card to PGA Tour Superstore, and team and skills contest prizes. Proceeds benefit Mercy Care’s children’s grief programs, which ensure counseling is available to children and adolescents experiencing the loss of a loved one. To register, sponsor or donate a raffle item contact Tom Badurski at 843-848-6480 or email@example.com.
• June 21 | The Shepherd of the Sea Lutheran Men in Mission 26th Golf Gala, Burning Ridge Golf Club, 8:30 a.m. shotgun start, four-player captain's choice format with handicap. Cost of $60 per player includes gratuities, prizes, and post-tournament lunch. Proceeds benefit projects including the development and support of New Lutheran Churches in South Carolina, the South Carolina Lutheran Men in Mission Scholarship at Newberry College and scholarship grant for an S.C. student to the Southern Lutheran Theological Seminary in Columbia. Hole sponsorships of $100 available. Contact the church at 843-651-7377, Jerry Wiley at 843-357-3840 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Larry Rathe at 843-333-4692 or email@example.com.
| The First Tee of The Grand Strand Future Generations Tournament, Caledonia Golf & Fish Club, 8:30 a.m. registration, 10 a.m. shotgun start. Four-person team captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $2,000 per team includes prizes, gifts, food and beverages. Golf Channel personalities Charlie Rymer and Kelly Tilghman are taking part. This year’s event honors the late Todd Welden, former Caledonia head pro. Revels Turf & Tractor is the title sponsor. Contact Joe White at 919-414-4215 or Danny Hardy at 910-880-4212.
| 30th annual Mark Sloan Cancer Memorial Tournament, River Oaks Golf Club, 8 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice scramble format. The entry fee of $85 per person or $300 per foursome includes breakfast, lunch, prizes, giveaways, post-tournament party and on-course beverages, and the winning team receives an engraved crystal decanter set. The event raises money for cancer research and RAFT – the Realtors Assistance Fund Trust for realtors and member affiliates who may need financial assistance due to medical hardship. The event has donated more than $500,000 to cancer research. Contact Christi Farmer at 839-8071 firstname.lastname@example.org
| The Grand Strand Seniors Men’s Golf Association plays a tournament every Monday at a different golf course on the Grand Strand. Any amateur male golfer over 50 is eligible. Snowbirds welcomed! Visitwww.gssmga.org
| The Myrtle Beach Chapter of the American Singles Golf Association (ASGA) regularly meets the second Thursday each month for nine holes of golf at River Oaks Golf Club followed by a social hour and dinner starting at 6 p.m. at the Clarion Hotel in Fantasy Harbor. A general monthly meeting starts at 7 p.m. The cost for dinner is $12, which includes tax, tip and soft drink. If interested, call the ASGA at 1-888-465-3628, visitwww.singlesgolf.com
or email Myrtle Beach Chapter membership chairman Kim Johnson at email@example.com.
TO SUBMIT SCORES
• Please send your weekly scores and/or notes to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions is 3 p.m. Monday. Late submissions will be published the following week. Results appear in The Sun News each Thursday.
• Results may be submitted via email, to be included on our scoreboard. No phone calls or faxes.
• Holes-in-one, eagles and shooting your age must be submitted by a representative from the course.