• May 18 to June 9 | South Carolina State Tournament to be bowled in Florence on weekends only.
• April 14 | Inaugural Freewoods Farm Charity Tournament, Island Green Country Club, four-person captain’s choice format, 11 a.m. registration, noon start. Entry fee of $35 for members and $45 for non-members includes dinner, awards and contest prizes for men and women. Proceeds benefit the nonprofit Freewoods Farm in the Burgess community, which re-creates how freed slaves farmed after the Civil War, often for field trips for local schoolchildren. The mule-driven sugar cane-making process and other farm operations are featured. Call Island Green pros Gary Johnson or Larry Crouse at 843-650-0005.
• May 4 | International Healthcare Security & Safety Foundation [IHSS Foundation] Annual Charity Tournament, Arcadian Shores Golf Club, 1 p.m. registration, 2 p.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $150 per player includes prizes, box lunch, 7:30 p.m. dinner and cash bar. Proceeds will support programs and research underwritten by the IHSS Foundation. Visit www.IHSSF.org or contact Russ Jones at 215-456-6350 or email@example.com, or Evelyn Meserve at 1-888-353-0990 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• June 1 | The Grateful Goldens Rescue fifth annual charity tournament, Burning Ridge Golf Club, 7:30 a.m. registration, 9 a.m. shotgun start, captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $75 per player includes full breakfast, complimentary on-course refreshments including cold beer, prizes, raffles, silent auctions, mulligans for sale and post-tournament dinner. Proceeds will go toward the care of rescued, abandoned, stray and owner turned-in Golden Retrievers throughout coastal South Carolina and Georgia areas. Contact Janis Palmer at 843-651-0138 or Bill Haug at 843-655-5979 or visit www.ggrlc.org.
• June 8 | 11th annual Fiddler on the Green tournament, Myrtle Beach National SouthCreek Course, 8:30 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Supports the Long Bay Symphony and its youth programs. Entry fee of $70 per player includes food, beverages and door prizes. Call the Long Bay Symphony office at 843-448-8379.
• Mondays | The Grand Strand Seniors Men’s Golf Association plays a tournament every Monday at a different golf course on the Grand Strand. Any amateur male golfer over 50 is eligible. Snowbirds welcomed! Visit www.gssmga.org.
TO SUBMIT SCORES
• Please send your weekly scores and/or notes of interest to: email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is 3 p.m. Monday. Late submissions will be published the following week. Results appear in The Sun News each Thursday.
• Results must be submitted via e-mail to be included on our Scoreboard. No phone calls or faxes.
• Holes-in-one, eagles and shooting your age must be submitted by a representative from the course.