• Winter leagues | Winter league schedules are out, or will be shortly, so pick up one in the centers and sign up for the league of your choice.
• Mondays | The Grand Strand Seniors Men’s Golf Association plays a tournament every Monday at a different golf course on the Grand Strand. Any amateur male golfer over 50 is eligible. Snowbirds welcomed! Visit www.gssmga.org.
• Sept. 1 | Coastal Carolina Lodge 12 of the Fraternal Order of Police will hold its 11th annual golf tournament on September 1 at Burning Ridge Golf Course. It will be a 4-man Captain’s choice format with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. Entry fee of $75 includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks. Proceeds from the tournament will benefit the Robert Dorman Memorial Scholarship fund at Horry Georgetown Technical College and the Dennis Lyden Memorial Scholarship fund at Coastal Carolina University. The scholarship funds benefit those pursuing Criminal Justice degrees and the children of law enforcement officers. For more information,call 843-251-5530 or 843-283-7350 or visit www.SCFOP12.com.
• Sept. 12 | Tournament to benefit Austin Lynne Smith, a 5-year-old battling cancer, Blackmoor Golf Club, 1 p.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $70 per player includes prizes, food and beverages. Mulligans and raffle tickets available. Hole sponsorship is $100. Contact Edie at 843-283-4483 or Pat at 518-321-5212.
• Sept. 15 | OD Shag Club’s 22nd annual Charity Tournament, The Valley Club at Eastport, captain’s choice format, 9 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee of $60 per player includes breakfast biscuits, lunch, on-course beverages and cash prizes. A portion of proceeds benefit local and regional charities. Entry Deadline is Sept 10. Contact Bob Sanders at 910-579-9056 or visit www.odshagclub.com.
• Sept. 15 | The 7th Annual Grand Strand ‘Walk to End Alzheimer’s tournament will be held on September 15 at the River Oaks Golf Plantation. Entry fee is $75 per person or $300 per team, which includes green fees & cart, continental breakfast, lunch and beverages. Prizes for: longest drive, closest to pin and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams, and tickets for additional prizes will be sold at registration. Funds raised will support the Alzheimer’s Association in efforts to raise awareness, education, support groups, respite assistance in South Carolina and support research into causes and potential cures. If you would like to participate in the golf tournament, interested in hole sponsorships or need more information, contact Kathy Milchman at 843-390-4001 or email at email@example.com or stop by River Oaks Golf Plantation and ask for Ron.
• Sept. 16 | Loris Blue Pride Booster Club annual tournament, Black Bear Golf Club, four-person captain’s choice format, 1 p.m. shotgun start. Entry fee of $50 includes a goodie bag, catered barbecue dinner and prizes, including a Currahee 5x8 utility trailer for closest-to-the-pin. Proceeds benefit Loris High School athletics. Contact Donnie Gore at 843-333-9711 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Nov. 12-13 | DeBordieu Celebrity Pro-Am for Cystic Fibrosis, DeBordieu Club, Texas Scramble format in which the best drive of a fivesome is selected and each player completes the hole with his own ball from there. Handicaps counted. The Monday-Tuesday pro-am costs $1,000 per four-player team and includes banquets, food, beverages and a gift pack. A $2,000 team entry includes higher level gifts primarily from Adams Golf. A pro auction on Nov. 12 will determine each team’s fifth player. All proceeds benefit the SC chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Former PGA Tour member Jay Haas and Dillard Pruitt have committed to the event, as have area touring pros Sam Lyons, Michael Maness and Lauren Hunt. Visit dedordieuclub.com/golf or call 843-527-6000.
TO SUBMIT SCORES
• Please send your weekly scores and/or notes of interest to: email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is 3 p.m. Monday. Late submissions will be published the following week. Results appear in The Sun News each Thursday.
• Results must be submitted via e-mail to be included on our Scoreboard. No phone calls or faxes.
• Holes-in-one, eagles and shooting your age must be submitted by a representative from the course.