▪ East Clarendon 8, Green Sea Floyds 2 | The Trojans’ dream of a state title came to an end Wednesday, taking down at East Clarendon.
▪ Barnwell 1, Waccamaw 0 | A valiant effort by the Warriors was for naught on Wednesday, suffering a heartbreaking loss at Barnwell to end their season.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
▪ Waccamaw 7, Silver Bluff 3 | The Warriors kept their season alive Wednesday, leaving Silver Bluff with a win. Waccamaw moves on to Thursday’s District VII final against Johnsonville, needing to win two games.
▪ Georgetown 5, Airport 4 | A run in the bottom of the seventh allowed the Bulldogs to pull out a back and forth affair against Airport, keeping its season alive. Georgetown will travel to Berkeley on Friday, needing to beat the Stags twice to make it to the Lower State tournament.
▪ W: A. James L: Sams Top hitters: AHS: Dorn 3-for-4, 2 R; Spires 2-for-3, RBI; Corbitt 1-for-3; GHS: T. Graham 3-for-4, 2 R; S. McALister 1-for-3, R; K. Vause 1-for-3, R; C. Cooper 1-for-3, R, RBI.
▪ Hannah-Pamplico 7, Green Sea Floyds 0 | The Trojans were unable to crack the riddle that was Hannah-Pamplico’s pitching, thus seeing its season end.
▪ Waccamaw 5, Governor’s School 0 | The Warriors were dominant in their second round matchup with the Governor’s School, advancing to a third round matchup with Academic Magnet.
▪ Hilton Head Island 4, North Myrtle Beach 3 | Despite the efforts of Taylor Monahan – who had two goals on the night – the Chiefs fell in the final seconds of overtime, seeing their season come to an end.
▪ St. James 1, Swansea 0 | A Bethany Goodrich goal helped the Sharks move past a game Swansea club, moving on to the Lower State semifinal round where it will face Hilton Head Island.
▪ Goals: STJ: Bethany Goodrich.
▪ Assists: STJ: Hailey Blondon.
▪ Goalies: STJ: McKayla Bessinger 7 saves.