Coastal Carolina University will host its second annual CINO (Coastal is Number One) Week from Monday through April 27. The week celebrates the end of the school year with events that highlight varying interests of students.
Most events are free, and the following are open to the public. They are:
• University Place Talent Show, 7 p.m., Grand Strand Activity House Parking Circle, University Place
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
• Farmers Market, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Prince Lawn
• Dive-in Movie: “Frozen,” 8 p.m., Williams-Brice Recreation Center pool deck
• ChantaTHON Car Smash, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Prince Lawn. Participants can pay to swing the hammer and help smash a car to raise money for ChantaTHON, an eight-hour dance marathon held in October to benefit the Children’s Miracle Network and McLeod Children’s Hospital in Florence.
• Wildlife Walk, 3:30-5 p.m., Waccamaw National Wildlife Refuge, 21424 N. Fraser St., Georgetown
• Student Involvement and Leadership Awards, 7 p.m., Wheelwright Auditorium
• CINO Day, noon to 4 p.m., Prince Lawn. This year’s theme is Mardi Gras, so attendees can expect the New Orleans experience with free food, activities, rides and free T-shirts.
• Mountain Bike Ride, 3:30-5:30 p.m., Jackson Bluff Mountain Bike Trails, Gray Lake Boulevard, Conway
• Women’s lacrosse vs. Presbyterian, 6 p.m., Brooks Stadium
• Elise Testone concert, 7:30 p.m., Wheelwright Auditorium. Elite Access tickets are $35; V.I.P. tickets are $25; general admission is $20; student tickets are $10. To purchase tickets, call the Wheelwright Box Office at 349-ARTS (2787).
• University Place Outdoor Movie Night: “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” 9 p.m., Grand Strand basketball court, University Place.
• ChantaTHON fundraiser, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Chipotle Mexican Grill, 1229 N. Retail Court, Myrtle Beach
• Second annual Shawn R. Ponton Memorial Car Show, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Baxley overflow lot.
CINO Week is sponsored by CCU’s Office of Student Activities and Leadership, Off Campus Student Services, University Housing, Teal Tuesday Team, Sustainability Initiative, ChantaTHON, Campus Recreation, Outdoor Recreation, Coastal Activities Board, University Athletics, Colleges Against Cancer and the Office for Philanthropy.
For more information, contact Tyger Glauser at 349-4165 or firstname.lastname@example.org.