A North Carolina man accused of shooting two bank employees to death in a Conway heist last month has been extradited back to South Carolina.
Thirty-two-year-old Brandon Michael Council of Wilson, N.C., was booked into the Florence County Detention Center at 3:56 p.m. Tuesday by the U.S. Marshal’s Service, according to online jail records.
Authorities say Council shot and killed Kathryn “Katie” Davis Skeen, 36, of Green Sea and Donna Major, 59, of Conway during the robbery at the CresCom Bank in Conway Aug. 21, before fleeing the scene in one of the victim’s vehicles.
Police were seeking Council who was seen driving a white 2013 Chrysler 200, stolen from one of the victims, after the robbery.
Council was arrested after a brief foot chase with police in Greenville, N.C., on Aug. 23.
The car has since been located, according to Lt. Selena Small of the Conway Police Department.
In Horry County, Council faces two counts of murder, one count of entering a bank with an intent to steal, grand larceny, armed robbery, possession of a weapon during a violent crime and being a felon in possession of a pistol.
Lance Crick, of the South Carolina U.S. Attorney’s Office, said in a news release that Council is also facing federal charges of armed bank robbery with a deadly weapon resulting in death and using a firearm in to commit a violent crime.
Council is set to be arraigned at 2:30 p.m. Thursday in U.S. District Court in Florence by federal authorities, 15th Circuit Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said.