Police charge second person in connection with hotel shooting during Memorial Day weekend

Myrtle Beach police charged a woman in connection with one of the eight confirmed shootings that happened during Memorial Day weekend.

Keyanna Desirnae Pegram, 21, of High Point, N.C., is charged with attempted murder in connection to a shooting a Fountainbleau Inn that injured a man, said Sgt. R.L. Sloan.

According to online jail records, she was booked into J. Reuben Long Detention Center on Wednesday and charged in Myrtle Beach on Saturday. She is being held on $25,000 bond, according to jail records.

She is the second person charged in connection with the incident. Police arrested Cornelius Ray Woods, 41, also of High Point, two weeks ago. He is charged with attempted murder use of a firearm in a felony, and possession of a firearm by a prohibited person related to the shooting – which police say was drug related.

Police released a video last week related to the incident at Fountainbleau, located at 701 Flagg St. According to a press release, a 23-year-old man was shot in the leg. Police said he did not cooperate with officers.

Police spokesman Capt. David Knipes said Myrtle Beach officers worked with officers from High Point Police Department to identify the people in the video.

Woods was on federal probation a the time of the shooting and not allowed to leave the state. He is being held in jail in Guilford County, N.C. for an unrelated shooting in High Point, police said.

There were seven other confirmed shootings in Myrtle Beach Memorial Day weekend that left three people dead and injured six. No arrests have been made in the other shootings.

Police have said they will not file charges in connection to a May 25 shooting at Wave Rider Resort that left two people injured because the victims and witnesses would not cooperate.

The video police released from Fountainbleau showed three men walk into a room at the motel around 4:30 a.m. May 24, before the shooting occurred.

Less than a minute later on the video a man stumbles out and a gunshot can be seen hitting the victim in the leg and then a box in the hallway. A man in a white tank top and black shorts chases after the victim, who limps down the hallway.

The two other men come out of the room and go in the opposite direction down the hallway before the suspect returns to the room and runs into the hallway followed by a woman. The woman continues on, but the suspect returns to the room before he leaves again.

Police found the room empty and learned that two people jumped from the second floor hallway after the shooting.

Officers watched the video and reported the suspect appeared to have a gun in his left hand and possibly a knife in his right hand, according to the report. Officers found a 9 mm shell casing and a deformed bullet in the hallway.

Staff reporter Tonya Root contributed to this report.