Dash camera video of Surfside Beach police chase released

Surfside Beach police released a dash camera video recorded of a chase in which police said a man and woman were charged in connection with a stolen cellphone.

The video showed a dark in color sport utility vehicle traveling along Holmestown Road before the driver spins around at S.C. 707 and continues on after avoiding hitting a vehicle. The pursuit continued along S.C. 707 until the driver turned into Tern Hall subdivision and he continues to try to elude police in the vehicle until the road ends in the Osprey Cove subdivision. The male driver then jumps out of the vehicle while it is moving and runs into a wooded area.

Police said Joshua Maurice Redmond, 21, was the driver of that vehicle. Redmond and Amanda Michelle Lankford, 20, were charged with criminal conspiracy in connection with the chase on Dec. 5 in Surfside Beach following a report of a stolen cellphone in that town, police said.

Lankford also is charged with strong armed robbery in the incident and Redmond is charged with accessory after the fact of a felony, reckless driving and failure to stop for a blue light, said Rodney L. Keziah, interim chief in Surfside Beach.

The pair also face charges by Myrtle Beach police in connection with a golf cart stolen Nov. 7, when a 38-year-old woman reported her golf cart valued at $2,500 missing from Yellowwood Avenue, according to a Myrtle Beach report. Lankford was charged with accessory after the fact of a felony and Redmond was charged with grand larceny with a value between $2,000 and $10,000, and resisting arrest.

Redmond is being held at the J. Reuben Long Detention Center on $22,414 bond, while Lankford is being held on $20,000 bond, according to jail records on Monday.

Myrtle Beach police arrested Redmond at 4:45 a.m. Friday at 1001 S. Ocean Blvd. Redmond tried to flee when police approached him, but then stopped and was arrested, according to the report.

Surfside Beach police arrested Lankford Thursday at her job and charged her, Keziah said.

Capt. Arron Miller, with Surfside Beach police, said Wednesday that an officer initially attempted to stop a vehicle because it matched the description of a suspect and vehicle identified in a reported stolen cellphone incident.

The car failed to stop for blue lights and the chase ensued.

The pursuit began about 12:45 p.m. Wednesday in the city limits and continued down Glenns Bay Road and Holmestown Road, then to S.C. 707. It ended on Tern Hall Drive, Miller said.

A man jumped out of the vehicle, which rolled to a stop at the tree line behind a home on the corner of Tern Hall and Caspian drives, Miller said. The man ran into the woods, but the Surfside Beach police officer lost sight of him during a foot chase. Police believe a woman, also in the car, fled into the woods, too.