Myrtle Beach fatal stabbing suspect has criminal record

A Georgetown County man charged in a fatal stabbing in Myrtle Beach has a lengthy criminal record, according to a check of State Law Enforcement Division records.

Marcus Augusta Hudson, 27, of Andrews was charged Saturday with murder and possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime in connection with the death of 36-year-old Willie Ray Dixon of Myrtle Beach, police said.

Dixon was pronounced dead at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Grand Strand Regional Medical Center after suffering stab wounds to his back at 12:10 p.m. that day, according to authorities.

Hudson was taken into custody for the assault after officers arrived on the scene -- the parking lot of the Food Lion located at 1430 S. Kings Highway. He is being held at J. Reuben Long Detention Center without bond on the murder charge and on $10,000 bond on the weapon charge and $158 on an unrelated failure to appear charge, according to jail records.

Officers found Dixon in the parking lot suffering from stab wounds to his back, according to the police report.

Details about a motive in the incident were not immediately available Monday from police.

Family members of Dixon also could not be reached for comment.

A SLED records check showed that Hudson was sentenced to five years prison for the charge of possession of cocaine under the Youthful Offender Act in 2003, but that sentence was suspended to a year probation.

Records also show that in 2004, Hudson was charged with driving under suspension, incorrectly displayed vehicle tag and simple assault and battery in Georgetown County. In 2005, Sumter police charged him with accessory after the fact of a felony and breaking into a vehicle in March and April, respectively.

Also in 2005, Georgetown police charged Hudson with assault and battery with intent to kill in June. Later that year in October, he was ordered to serve four years in prison, but that sentence was suspended once he completed 18 months on probation, after a plea to assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature, according to records. Hudson also was ordered to serve two years on the accessory charge, but that sentence was suspended after he he completed six months probation.

In 2007, Georgetown police charged Hudson in June with possession of a controlled substance, unlawful to advertise for sale paraphernalia and then in July with a bicycle violation, according to SLED records. In 2010, Hudson was charged by Georgetown police with possession of marijuana and grand larceny with a value more than $2,000, but less than $10,000.

In April 2011, Hudson was ordered to serve 10 months in prison on the grand larceny charge and 20 days on the marijuana charge, according to records.