Fire rescue crews are responding to a smoldering home that may have been struck by lightning.
Mark Nugent, Horry County Fire Rescue spokesman, said HCFR is assisting North Myrtle Beach Fire Rescue on the call at a home on 6200 block of Nixon Street in North Myrtle Beach.
Nugent said crews weren’t battling a working fire, and no injuries are believed to have been reported.
According to North Myrtle Beach public information officer Pat Dowling, a stair railing was knocked loose on the outside of the house. No damage was reported on the inside of they house.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News