Hurricane Irma, a Category 5 hurricane, has the potential to hit the Carolinas early next week.
While an exact track has not yet been determined, it is still important to prepare for the worst.
Here’s what you need to know.
Watches and warnings:
- S.C. Governor declares state of emergency as Hurricane Irma’s forecast path shifts
- High bacteria levels close North Myrtle Beaches, rip tide warnings sweep Grand Strand
- President Trump signs emergency declaration for S.C. in wake of Hurricane Irma
- City of North Myrtle Beach under state of emergency
Preparing for a hurricane:
- How to prepare for a hurricane
- How to secure your windows to protect your home during a hurricane
- Here’s what supplies you should have if Hurricane Irma hits the Grand Strand
- Here’s how you should care for your pet during a hurricane
- MB Fire Chief: Irma’s storm surge could reach 10 feet
- You filled your bathtub with water. Now what? Hint: Don’t drink it.
- How far could the storm surge come in? See how bad your neighborhood might flood
- Horry, Georgetown counties are not being evacuated as Hurricane Irma threatens Florida
- “You never know where a hurricane is going to go:” Evacuations not yet issued for S.C.
- ‘If you can leave now, go,’ governor says ahead of expected Irma evacuation order
- At least one Grand Strand hospital is fighting Gov. McMaster’s evacuation order
- Need a ride out of town? Travel assistance is available under evacuation orders
- Don’t know your evacuation zone? Find out here
- Important things to know about evacuating the Grand Strand
- “It would take about 30 hours” to evacuate MB: Mayor urges residents to prepare for Irma
- Planning on evacuating? Columbia hotels booking quickly in wake of Hurricane Irma
- Will the schools close for Irma? It depends on the governor
- CCU closes in anticipation of Hurricane Irma
- Georgetown County Schools closing early Friday ahead of Irma
- Evacuating for Irma? The lions, gators, bears, and one croc are not
- A look back at the biggest storms to hit the Grand Strand and the damage they caused
- Oh, the humanity! Goats forced to evacuate Murrells Inlet island
- Myrtle Beach not ordered to evacuate. Now, it’s enacting a role reversal.
- How much higher will the Waccamaw River rise?